Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MattsMthree
01-09-2003, 11:37 PM
And believe it or not, that's 408 naturally aspirated horsepower. It's currently under development at RD Sport . RD Sport is the true, original, Racing Dynamics S.p.A., not the copy-cat "Racing Dynamics Inc.". The original Racing Dynamics lost the copyright to their logo in the U.S., and Canada, so Racing Dynamics S.p.A., are not affiliated with Racing Dynamics Inc. I have an RD Sport muffler, and it's a beautiful, very well made, and great sounding exhaust. Much nicer than Einsenmann in my opinion. I wrote a pretty lengthy review about it not too long ago, so click on the link below if you want alot more detail. I believe that Racing Dynamics S.p.A./RD Sport are a genuine, high quality BMW performance tuner.
Unfortunately, there wasn't too much more info available about the RS36 M3, but I have to call Frederico at RD Sport tomorrow, so I'll definitely ask him about it then. Click on the link for details...

Best regards,
Matt

RD Sport exhaust post: http://216.118.86.224/m3forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4050&highlight=racing+dynamics+exhaust

RD Sport RS36 link: http://www.racdyn.com/LocalizedContent/USA/News.asp

StMedina
01-10-2003, 12:12 AM
<br><font color=maroon><font size=1><font>

CorpusChristi,TX
AIM StMedina

evan...
01-10-2003, 02:33 AM
This includes ACS, RD and a few others. As for the copyright thing that goes back to the Electrodyne fiasco. No moving on to taking the 3.2l to a 3.6l this is old news. You need to stack the head to have extra clearence to take this puppy to 3.6l. I would never trust that thing. The Nowack one gets its power from the 3.2l and runs on like 100+ Euro low sulfur octane gas, also the Nowack car blows up after like 50 hrs, that engine is like Jim Carey on crack, really high strung. I say dont opne these engines up, its like playing hot potato around a camp fire with C4, your only asking for trouble.

MattsMthree
01-10-2003, 04:47 AM
It's completly different then any of the Remus systems. It's completely different and MUCH nicer. I'm also understand the RD Sport/Electrodyne issue very well, having read about it quite a bit, and conversations with Frederico. I knew that the 3.2 couldn't be bumped to a 3.6 as I stated in my post, so it was old news to me as well, but thanks for the post anyway...

Best regards,
Matt

P.S., I know that the Electrodyne/ Racing Dynamics Inc. exhausts are made by other companies, any possability you were thinking of them?

Pinecone
01-10-2003, 04:49 AM

MattsMthree
01-10-2003, 04:53 AM
I just checked the Remus web-site and they don't even make an exhaust for the E46 M3, so I'm sure that it's not a Remus. I know that he brought it back on the plane with him from Italy, so I suspect that it's RD Sport made (They have two 48,000 square foot facilities with manufacturing, producr development, and test areas afterall...). Anyway, I just wanted to add that in there...

Best regards,
Matt

stevencldr
01-10-2003, 03:08 PM
engine probs for BMW. The engine that blew up after a few hours had 440hp. Thats more than the I-6 ALMS car had b4 the V8 came out. Nowack used to build bmw F1 engines, and his tuned engines are reliable....thats why he sells them.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index