Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

markb50k
02-25-2003, 12:22 AM
My wife and I drove each other's cars the other night so i could see how the car looked on the road, and I noticed that the drivers side headlight and foglight were noticeably brighter than the passenger side. I figured it was due to my position off center so i switched lanes etc to see from directly in front and to each side and at every point the difference never went away.

When we got to our destination I didnt notice any dirt or anything that would hamper the brightness. I did notice that the light signature that is seen shining on the headlight covering is of different shapes between the two headlights. The bright headlight has a wide roughly donut shape light shadow while the dimmer one had just a smaller spot of light in the center, as if it was focused at a different depth than the other.

Is this normal or easily correctable?

Thanks
<br>
Mark

2003 M3 - JB/Blk 6spd
2002 330cic - TiSi/Blk 5spd
Newnan, GA

KJ-TypeR
02-25-2003, 05:17 PM
...light up the signs and the side of the road.

The left headlight has a straight narrow beam that doesn't focus too much light onto oncoming traffic. (which would bother oncoming traffic)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index