Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

deeznutz
02-25-2003, 01:33 AM
Help! I am about to place an order( tomorrow) for a 2003 M3 to replace my 2001 330Ci. My initial hopes were to aquire Steel Gray on Black-Cloth. But now I just found out that Steel Gray has been DISCONTINUED WTF!!! I have regretted not getting steel gray since day one in my TiSilver 330Ci, and have been waiting for the day to order my SteelGray M3, and now I won't be able to? So has anyone seen SilverGray in person. I have seen some on-line pictures of it and it seems to be VERY light, about two-to-three shades lighter than steel gray and maybe only one shade darker than TiSilver. So if you have seen SilverGrey in person please let me know what you think of it in qualitative/subjective terms. I will NOT be able to see the color prior to placing my order (tomorrow) as there are no SilverGray cars in town. I am so confused.....I may just screw the whole gray thing all together and go for JetBlack or CarbonBlack. I hate BMW.

Driver99
02-25-2003, 01:42 AM
Steel Grey. Waited a year and then the color changed the very month I ordered, 2/2 for March production. I finally went to the dealer this weekend, he had a swatch I laid on TiSi and it appeared sufficiently darker. I was in the same boat you're in. I was very worried. But I'm okay.

It is lighter than Steel Grey though. Some compared shading to Sterling. <br>SilG/Blk, SMG, PP, CWP, AdjSB, BiX, HK
PC Delivery 5/1/03...

M3in2003
02-25-2003, 01:46 AM

2000323i
02-25-2003, 01:55 AM
March 21 when should it arrive at the dealership? I think it would be mid April.

M3Fella
02-25-2003, 02:08 AM
..if you want slightly darker than Silver Gray but lighter than Steel Gray go for Sterling Gray (my fav).

I got it and can say I absolutely love it (as does everyone who sees it).

Spiroman
02-25-2003, 11:47 AM
From having seen the silver grey 330ci at the Canadian International Autoshow in Toronto, it appears that that color is a slightly warmer version of titanium silver.

I've changed my order from steel grey to silver grey and am scheduled for March production (week 11).

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the silvers or greys that BMW offers including the silver grey.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index