Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

///KC
03-16-2003, 05:23 AM
I've been reading about this DVD nav thing, personally i have the old school one (01 M3), and I'm perfectly fine with a local disc since i rarely travel outside of my so called geographical location. However, i was thinking that I would rather have a DVD based navigation system, but still with the regional disks.

This is what i'm trying to get at,

Would your rather have a DVD system that holds the map to the entire north america, or would you rather have a still the same DVD system, but with a regional map on a disk that will tell you EVERYTHING...and i mean EVERYTHING...from ur local dry cleaers to shoe polish places...

just some thoughts..

hornsch
03-16-2003, 05:40 AM

oregonjim
03-16-2003, 05:53 AM
I really prefer the cd based unit. I really didn't see much speed difference in the dvd unit. I'll stick with what I have: cd based nav and all 8 regions which includes Canada. Cost was $195 for all from NavTech.

The only advantage to the dvd unit would be future updates. I'm thinking NavTech will phase out the cd updates eventually and stick strictly with the dvd upgrades.

JEFFREYaz
03-16-2003, 12:01 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index