Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

rheacox
03-31-2003, 01:06 PM
am reminded what fun and simple cars those little coupes are. I am completely re-psyched to get my GMW/CSL finished. Almost finished the wiring last night. I\'m having a blast with my \'03 coupe too. What a technological marvel that car is with SMG.<br> '03 M3 on a DIET (home-built CSL, almost as light, soon to be lighter, than the rest-of-world CSL but with AC and power windows), IR/SMG coupe (no other options), 13.5# Hawker battery with switch on ground cable to save battery when car sits for more than three days, Eisenmann Meisterschaft Ti. exhaust, 15# funky racing seats, SSR Comps, Hawk HPS pads, Euro rotors, 1" lower front and rear by heating stock springs, front license plate nylon-tied to lower intake grill, GC or other weight saving anti-sways soon and Wilwood alloy calipers if I can engineer it.

GMW/CSL = '88 M3 coupe, ZO6 engine, 6-speed Camaro tranny, Fittipaldi Fin wheels, Nitto 215 - 45 -17 tires, M Roadster or M Coupe front and rear suspension to be installed soon, almost finished for a serious 2800# CSL with 400 HP to wheels. rheacox@earthlink.net for a word doc on the project.

jerseyM3
03-31-2003, 02:50 PM
It is now at a tuner getting fitted with suspension, exhaust, new brake lines (the steel ones under the car too), offset control arm bushings, M3 control arms, etc. It will be a track car for now, then eventually a K-Prepared racer.

Those cars are bullet-proof, but of course you can't compare the performance to that of an E46 M3.

rheacox
03-31-2003, 02:53 PM
<br> '03 M3 on a DIET (home-built CSL, almost as light, soon to be lighter, than the rest-of-world CSL but with AC and power windows), IR/SMG coupe (no other options), 13.5# Hawker battery with switch on ground cable to save battery when car sits for more than three days, Eisenmann Meisterschaft Ti. exhaust, 15# funky racing seats, SSR Comps, Hawk HPS pads, Euro rotors, 1" lower front and rear by heating stock springs, front license plate nylon-tied to lower intake grill, GC or other weight saving anti-sways soon and Wilwood alloy calipers if I can engineer it.

GMW/CSL = '88 M3 coupe, ZO6 engine, 6-speed Camaro tranny, Fittipaldi Fin wheels, Nitto 215 - 45 -17 tires, M Roadster or M Coupe front and rear suspension to be installed soon, almost finished for a serious 2800# CSL with 400 HP to wheels. rheacox@earthlink.net for a word doc on the project.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index