Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

///Coupe
06-06-2003, 12:16 AM
M6 - $80k-90k guaranteed. A 530hp V-10 BMW coupe in the $60k range?
Get serious.

630's - $50k to $60k
640's - $60k to $70k

In comparison to MB, the 6 will fall in pricing range between the CLK and CL classes.

psybj
06-07-2003, 09:05 AM
That would be holding the price down if is V10 500hp.
<br>psybj

'02 ///M3 TiS/grey SMG Cpe
'02 Acura TL-S

NEXT(?):
BMW M6 (Deposit placed 1/02)
Jag XKR Cpe
Audi cpe (450-500hp hopefully)
Infinity cpe/Zcar supercar
CLK AMG
E55 AMG

PREVIOUS:
'01 ///M3 AW/grey 6sp Cpe
Acura 3.0CL
Dodge Stealth TT AWD
VW Thing
Acura Legend Cpe.
Honda Interceptor
Honda Prelude
M-B 450SL
Piper Cherokee 180
Rx 7
280Z
deTomaso Pantera
260Z
Datsun 510 2dr
Harley-Davidson
VW bugs
MGA Mk.II
Triumph TR-3A
James
Chrysler HEMI
+ Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Chev, Buick, Caddy, Plym, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Mazda and other boring stuff for wife and family.

///Coupe
06-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Bow to the king...that's quite a list of cars you've had. What about the Pantera? I've thought about buying one. There are a couple of places that professionally refurbish them. I've seen prices on high-end cars ranging from $40k-$60k. I don't want a money pit though, what do you think?

psybj
06-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Driving that sucker was like driving a jet-propelled go-cart. Small steering wheel betweeen knees and small polar moments of inertia made it extremely quick handling. It was tweaked and reportedly put out >400hp.

I had it in the mid 70s and used to eat up the big slick chevys with ease from stoplights. They might jump me 1/2 length but when I got traction it was over fast.

I felt I could \"exercize\" any other car I ever owned or drove, but I realized that the Pantera was over my head. I\'d push it and it would just hold, giving no hint of anything but tracking, and no feel of tires loading, at speeds other cars would be giving serious feedback and informing me of their intentions. I was aware that some day I would go too far and it would be gone before I could react.

BUT it was a money pit. I worked most days at a hospital near the dealer. I had an open ticket -- would drop it there and let them work on the punch list. They never caught up. The electrical system was haunted. I paid my bill monthly and it was big. It was beautiful and exciting but never again.
<br>psybj

'02 ///M3 TiS/grey SMG Cpe
'02 Acura TL-S

NEXT(?):
BMW M6 (Deposit placed 1/02)
Jag XKR Cpe
Audi cpe (450-500hp hopefully)
Infinity cpe/Zcar supercar
CLK AMG
E55 AMG

PREVIOUS:
'01 ///M3 AW/grey 6sp Cpe
Acura 3.0CL
Dodge Stealth TT AWD
VW Thing
Acura Legend Cpe.
Honda Interceptor
Honda Prelude
M-B 450SL
Piper Cherokee 180
Rx 7
280Z
deTomaso Pantera
260Z
Datsun 510 2dr
Harley-Davidson
VW bugs
MGA Mk.II
Triumph TR-3A
James
Chrysler HEMI
+ Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Chev, Buick, Caddy, Plym, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, Mazda and other boring stuff for wife and family.

///Coupe
06-11-2003, 12:57 AM
I've heard the car can get out of hand. Back in the 80's Motley Crue lead singer Vince Neill made the mistake of getting drunk and driving his; it ended up wrapped around a tree.

I think you confirmed the "money pit" theory for me though. Cool post and thanks for the info. Happy Driving...

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index