Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Az635
07-01-2003, 10:31 PM
Hello,
I have a 85 6, just got the R12 charged after 5 yrs + of being very low. (Lived it Montana) Can ya believe that everything still worked!?!To my knowledge, it never had service before. Worked like a champ, for a few days. I started noticing that it worked even better while turning left. Thought it was my imagination, it isn't.

Now the fan motor runs for three maybe five minutes before slowing down, soon after it slows to a crawl. It still speeds up to full speed during a left turn but even that is progressive. I thought it may be the bearing on the fan motor. After removing the stuff in front of the fan, I find the fan moves very smooth with no sign of friction or lateral movement at all. Maybe not the bearing.
It is very dirty, crap from years and years of neglect. It will be getting cleaned after I figure out how to remove the lower half of the black shroud. At any rate, hope some one can direct me where to look next. Seems like an electrical problem, (imagine That!) but not knowledgable enough even to make a guess. Thanks in advance, It is getting a bit warm here in Phoenix.
AZ635

DHS
07-02-2003, 05:42 AM

bimmr2002
07-06-2003, 03:05 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index