Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

///Coupe
07-12-2003, 11:24 PM
I was thouroughly impressed with the car and handling. This is a car that will never let you forget you're driving an exotic. The OZ deep dish wheels (285/18's in the back) and the rounded rear tailights just look amazing. The turbos kick out some serious neck-lashing in the higher power bands and the braking was solid.

This car stickered for $92k USD, and the dealership was willing to reduce it by ~$10k. The dealer said this was an incentive, but I thought that was kind of unusual.

Still thinking about it. Comments appreciated.

Pkwan
07-13-2003, 07:59 AM
The $ 10,000 discount is the norm for Esprit. This is the last of the model run. I just brought a new yellow one this week. The car is definitely an attention getter, going to have start wearing sun glasses to keep my privacy.

alan
07-13-2003, 08:10 PM
It is hard to find anything else that competes with it, either in terms of performance or style, for the money.

Also, its cost of ownership due to maintenance tends to be much less than that of other exotics like Ferrari or Lamborghini.

We're going to be doing a review of a 25th Anniversary Edition Esprit pretty soon for <a href="http://www.roadfly.org/milemarker/"><b>Mile Marker</b></a>--fantastic car.

What color did you look at, and with which dealership are you dealing? (I'm just curious--no vested interest.)<br>
--Alan

alan
07-13-2003, 08:10 PM
...Wally at Star? (I'm guessing from your IP that you are in Houston, TX.)<br>
--Alan

Pkwan
07-13-2003, 10:46 PM
I brought mine from Wally. Dealers at San Antonio and Austin also have a similar offer. I went with Star because it is local.

alan
07-14-2003, 10:16 AM
You'll be happy there. I'm in College Station, so they're my closest dealer too. I'd be interested in seeing your '03 next to the '02. I don't think there are very many differences, but Lotus does like to do little upgrades here and there even mid-model year.<br>
--Alan

chrislotusatlanta
07-14-2003, 01:09 PM
No difference at all with the exception of the badging. Great car you will be really happy. All of the people I have driving that car just absolutely love it. As for the discount, that is pretty good for that car as there are no incentives on the '03 model year like the '02 model year. You might look at an '02 as it is an anniversary edition. Best of luck with your purchase, you won't be dissapointed I assure you. All of my customers love their cars.

Chris

///Coupe
07-15-2003, 11:59 PM
The car was at a suburban NYC dealership, silver over black interior. The problem though is that this would be my primary car, daily driven frequently.

I also wonder about only two years under warranty. If I'm asking these questions maybe it not my time yet.

What do current or previous owners think..PKWAN? - congrats btw.

Dave in So Cal
07-16-2003, 01:45 AM
If you are in New York City, you might not want to go with an Esprit as your daily driver. I think it would not be a happy time driving an Esprit through the snow and ice, because of the low ground clearance and resultant worries about your front spoiler etc.
Nevertheless, I have heard of a few people who put their Esprit in daily service. I believe there was a thread at the PistonHeads site about that topic, a few months ago.
From that perspective, I'm glad I am in Southern California--I love my '02 Esprit, and there are few days when I am reluctant to drive it due to weather.
YMMV.

alan
07-16-2003, 12:38 PM
<br>
--Alan

pkwan
07-17-2003, 08:25 AM
I am very impressed with the Esprit even though I only have it for a week. You will like the car. I have to admit that the Lotus is not my primary vehicle. I love to use it on a daily basis but my occupation requires a vehicle with ability to go off road. I have a Hummer H2.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index