Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

DHS
07-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Has anyone asked if Euro delivery will be available for USA customers ?? I see that even a 760 LI is available on this program..Could be fun to pick it up at the factory..

Robert
07-30-2003, 01:29 AM
I'm tentatively planning on European delivery for the experience, cost savings, and possibly faster delivery. I am told by my dealer that it may help you to jump to the top of the queue and get earlier delivery. Here's how:

FASTER DELIVERY?
Dealers receive a fixed allotment of specific models, so if a customer wants one, they typically get on a list: first come, first served. But ... customers selecting Euro Delivery are not counted against the dealership's allotment. As a result, you may be able to get a car via Euro Delivery faster than ordering through the dealership's planned delivery schedule.

COST SAVINGS (up to 7% or over USD $4000)
"Taking delivery of your new BMW in Europe will definitely make you smile. So will the savings. You may save up to 7 percent of the retail price -- up to $8,105. Those savings may pay for your trip." [www.bmwusa.com web site]

Caveats: It is not known whether the 6-series will be made available via Euro Delivery. Once you get your car there and paly with it on the lovely German roads, you'll have to drop it off at one of the 19 locations in Europe and then have to wait 6-8 weeks for it to be delivered to your local dealership.

For lots more info on Euro Delivery, go to http://bmwusa.com/
select "Virtual Center" and then "European Delivery"

"Here are some examples of the savings:
Model Year Suggested Retail European Delivery Price Your Savings*
540i 6-speed sedan 2003 $55,800 $51,895 $3,905" [www.bmwusa.com web site]

So, you may use your $4000 to $5000 savings for a lovely trip the Germany (I used to live in Munich, and can heartily recommend it as an incredibly beautiful city to vit, and from which to start a tour).

RichReg
07-30-2003, 04:37 PM
....question is when. Typically there is at least a 2 or 3 month wait on a brand new model before the European delivery department will begin supplying its own allocation to dealers.

This is not to say that you can't get the car delivered that way, but it could require the dealer to give up a car (temporarily) from his allocation in order to facilitate this program. Unfortunately, my experience is that not too many dealers are willing to do this on a brand new model, but you can still try.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index