Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : I am interested to see how the XLR fares against

alan
11-22-2003, 11:58 PM
...BMW's new E63 6-series. They target roughly the same income brackets, and both have somewhat controversial styling.

I personally like the 'stealth fighter' look of the XLR, but dislike that it isn't available with a stick shift.<br>
--Alan

wjhunt123
11-23-2003, 12:02 PM
When we were in Detroit last year I really wanted to name the XLR best of show. It was a toss up between the XLR and the new Mustang. Both very hot cars coming out of detroit.

I wonder what Chevy is going to do if the XLR is quicker around the track than a Vette ;-)

rob_ace
11-23-2003, 02:13 PM
company. massive expansion, minimal time. what are you guys up to? j/k, wonderful sites you've developed. keep up the good work. put vettes in soon, i can't wait to hear those guys brag.<br>88 750iL_____________97 328iC kompressor
<mg src="http://members.roadfly.org/rob_ace/DSC00031.JPG" height=100 width=130> <mg src="http://members.roadfly.org/rob_ace/DSC00475.JPG"height=100 width=130>
BMW CCA# 187148
01 Vmax (Vmoa #1480)

msheri01
12-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Have you driven an XLR? It is well balanced, good feedback, has all kinds of torque, great accelleration off the line, and a nice exhaust growl when you put the pedal down. This is an awsome vehicle to drive. The 6 aims at the same income bracket, but it is not the same type of car, The 6 should be great, based on what I have seen fromt he 5, but these are two very different cars.

S52PWR
02-25-2004, 10:10 AM
I live in Bowling Green and the XLR's are everywhere getting their fleet shake down. I have stop light dashed with a couple in my E36 M3 sedan and they are so filled woth gadgetry and mechanisms to lift the trunk 10 feet of the car to put the top down that they are a little Porky. Before any of you buy one take it home and see if you can operate the top without hitting the roof in your garage.

Randy L.
07-09-2004, 12:51 PM
it may or may not be faster than a vette, but it makes the vette look like a poor man's attempt to be cool, my trunk opens just fine in the garage too

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index