Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

beemaze
11-27-2003, 12:33 PM
Almost bought one of these as a replacement for my aging 94 C280. Business/tax incentives motivated me to buy a Porsche Cayenne instead.

I like the C32 better than the M3, not because I think it's better or faster. In the real world, they're about the same with an above average driver on the streets. Don't get me wrong, the M3 is one badass for sure...In fact, I think it looks better than the C32.

I prefer the C32 mainly because it has 4 doors ( I have two kids), it's more comfortable, and more exclusive. I see about 3-4 later model M3's on the road daily here in So. Cal. Bimmers are ubiquitous in L.A. as are Benzes, but I only see about one c32 every few weeks.

Things that make me hesitate about purchasing the C32:

1) It needs a V8. Especially now that the Audi S4 has a v8 and the next generation M3 will have a V8 as well. The C32 is still basically a supercharged C320 with excellent transmission, suspension, and brakes. Rumor has it the 2005 C-class AMG will have a V8.

2) The styling is subtle which I don't mind, but could be a bit sportier. Start with two sets of dual tip exhausts ala M3, new E55 AMG, etc.

3) 18 inch wheels should be standard on the C32, but not sure how this will affect ride quality.

I think BMW should seriously consider a 4 door M3 Sedan with a good automatic. I haven't driven the M3 SMG, so I can't really comment.<br>__________________________________________________ __
04 Cayenne TT - Dark Sea Blue/Stone Grey
Electric Comfort Package
Entry & Drive
20" SportDesign Wheels

dl_C32
11-28-2003, 03:51 AM
Well...the 2005 C55 will be here. It's too bad you got the Cayanne (Turbo?? which will be a good choice.) I heard, not just the V8 CLK55 engin but a small face lift (CL look a like face) and Suspension upgrade will be added into this new C55.
To me C32 is a perfect Day-to-Day and FWY killer (just done my LA-SF run today...you got to see those people's face once they pass me on the slow traffic!! :P) If you looking for perfect sleeper...this is it!! :P

dl_C32
11-28-2003, 03:52 AM

beemaze
11-29-2003, 02:58 AM
No regrets about the Cayenne Turbo. It's a BEAST: hearing the turbos whine and the exhaust snarl from that V8 is like getting high on ambrosia! I recommend everyone to take a test drive at their local dealer.

On to the subject: Yes, I agree the C32 is a sleeper hit! I was anticipating a supercharged V6 C35 as the next step, which would have been logical, and that is another reason I put off buying the C32 in 2003. I am looking forward to checking out the C55 at the end of next year....<br>__________________________________________________ __
Electric Comfort Package
Entry & Drive
20" SportDesign Wheels

beemaze
11-29-2003, 03:01 AM
If you're in the L.A. area we should go out to the Irwindale Sppeday and time trial the C32 and Cayenne turbo head to head- that would be cool!!<br>__________________________________________________ __
Electric Comfort Package
Entry & Drive
20" SportDesign Wheels

dl_C32
11-30-2003, 01:27 PM
I'm in LA too. :P Well...I don't have the lexuray to go to track during weekend but at least I get to drive my car daily. I think the result will be really close. :P

andybmw325is
12-21-2003, 03:30 AM
I don't think an automatic can handle the 8,000 rpm M3's S54 engine.

If you want an M3 sedan, buy a 330i with the performance package.

I wish BMW didn't make the E36 M3 sedan as it took away potential sales of the E34 M5 in Europe.

A C55 AMG Wagon would be awesome!

Ed
12-30-2003, 06:33 AM
envioronment and must say that I is impressive. I've a photo of the speedo indicating about 253 with the bird and kids aboard.

I too would like to have another 4dr M3 though. Or a manual version of the C32...the automatic just dulls the experience.

T
03-13-2004, 05:58 PM
where did you get clear headlights for your c32

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index