Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

MEMPHIS Z4
12-03-2003, 12:24 PM
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2445902451&category=43903">CADDY CTS-V</a>

JohnG
12-05-2003, 12:22 PM
but there is clearly a car in their showroom. And they say the one they are selling you is the first one they recieve. But it's not here yet, and we don't even know the VIN. But here's this one in our showroom. Strange.

msheri01
12-09-2003, 09:26 PM
That is not a V series. They are not even building the dealer cars until the week of the 15th of December. I know, I order the inventory for the Caddy dealer I work for. As for selling a spot, the total build will be about 5000 cars. The allotment to dealers will be along the lines of the XLR, with adjustment for dealer's CTS sales, so the dealers who sell more CTS get a bigger chunk of the V series allotment. If the dealer is telling you to stand in line, he may have low allocation. Our first one is sold, but the second one to be built in January is not, so who knows? If you want the car, I would ask more questions, or find another dealer. Just my opinion.

JohnG
12-10-2003, 07:04 PM
I say the car in the pictures absoultely is a CTS-V. No one makes an aftermarket body kit that matches the V yet, no one makes 6 a lug conversion package for a regular CTS, and all the other appearance and badging things are correct as well.

Now, it could be a pre-production CTS-V, like the one I sat in at the Texas State Fair auto show. But I'm wondering how the dealership got a preproduction car in the showroom?

I'm not in the market for one just yet - but Sewell in Dallas sells a ton of regular CTSs, so they should have a decent allotment of Vs whenever I am.

Bobs Toy
12-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Tom Kelley recently had a special grand opening for this new showroom and I was able to attend. This, and several other near-future cars were on display.
This car is definitely a full fledged V. Awesome!

Bobs Toy
12-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Tom Kelley has the right connections at GM-that's why he had this car and others on display at his ceremony. At this grand opening, he even had the pres. of GM North America. Last summer his wife tooled around town in a nice silver two seat Caddy XLR.

msheri01
02-07-2004, 10:17 AM
I should have clarified. What I meant was the vehicle was not a vehicle available for sale. That car was at Kelley for a grand opening of a dealership remodel. That car was a preproduction model vehicle. I do not doubt that the owner's wife was driving the XLR last summer, since our dealer was also. Those were "evaluation" vehicles, so that dealers got a real world look at the car.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index