Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Phil S.
12-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Has anyone seen pricing and/or option information on the CTS-V?

JohnG
12-08-2003, 11:07 PM
MSN Autos has some pricing, but I'm not sure how accurate it is - their auto price was doing some strange things the other day, may be a bug in it.

msheri01
12-09-2003, 08:53 PM
The pricing is just under 50k unless you want a sunroof, the only option. The color choices are black and platinum. The two interiors are black(ebony) or neutral(beige). The neutral interior will only be on the seats and carpet, the rest ebony. The first cars are already scheduled for production. I know, because I manage the inventory for a Cadillac dealer. The supply on these cars will be similar quantity to the XLR, and will be based partly on a dealers prior sales of CTS. So, the dealer who has sold more CTS's will be able to get more V series. The information so far is that everything in Motor Trend is true, and more. This car is eligible for GM Employee pricing, but the dealers do not have to sell them at that price.

JohnG
12-10-2003, 07:06 PM
so everything is standard, only option is Moonroof? What about the optional carbon fiber pieces that Car and Driver alluded to in their road test? Is Navigation standard or optional?

msheri01
12-11-2003, 10:18 AM
The DVD based nav system is standard. This system includes bose and a six disc cd changer and XM radio. This is the same nav system used in XLR. It will play movies on the screen, so long as the vehicle is not moving. The ground effects on the car are as illustrated. Have not seen info on addional accessories yet. As for creature comforts: power adjusting passenger seat, split fold rear seat, HID headlamps are all included on this vehicle. With the exception of the sunroof, engine and trans, if it is in the 1SC it is standard on the V series.

byoung
12-18-2003, 01:46 PM
"With the exception of the sunroof, engine and trans, if it is in the 1SC it is standard on the V series."

Hey Mary, do you know if this includes the heated seats? Thnx

Rich H
12-27-2003, 12:59 AM
You mentioned that the CTS V is eligible for GM employee discount pricing. Does this also apply to GM Suppliers? The dealer in my area (Denver) said that it was not eligible for a discount to suppliers. I realize that the dealer has the option not to exercise the discount in any case where they feel demand justifies it.

Any info you can provide is appreciated.

Rich H.

pds22
01-04-2004, 04:12 AM
Unfortunately the supplier program is voluntary. And most if not all dealers are going to treat this like the Vette and make you pay MSRP if not more given limited availability. I'm planning to visit the dealer closer when my M3 lease expires and some of the hoopla with the initial roll out fades. From what I hear here in Detroit - only those Caddy dealers that have good CTS volume will be allocated greater number of CTS-Vs. So best suggestion is to hit the bigger Caddy dealers.

Probably best to do all the paperwork ahead of time and bring it in as you have until end of year to make use of it. And hope for the best that the salesperson needs to make a sale to meet quota.

Rich H
01-05-2004, 11:31 PM
Thanks for your insight. I continue to monitor the dealers in my area and there does not appear to be a huge demand for this car yet. Although their allocations vary from 1 to 2 a month only one car has been presold and they indicated it was ordered at MSRP. Perhaps the demand will increase once the car hits the street (in early Feb they say) but this is certainly not the prime time of year to introduce a performance car. I'll wait and see how the market plays out for the CTS V although I have to admit that even at MSRP it's a lot of bang for the buck. I've driven M5s and I hope that it performs equally.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index