Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : cd changer

CPABLUM
12-10-2003, 01:32 AM
Is there a cd changer that'll pop in to the new 2004 XJ8? Apparently, the car is prewired, but I hate paying dealer prices. Any information is greatly appreciated.

XJ842SE
12-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Hi Stuart,

Not that I'm aware of. The CD changer is linked to the rest of the audio systems by the D2B fibre optic network. I'm not aware of any other CD changer that would have such an interface.

What country are you in? In the UK the CD Autochanger is standard on all XJ models I believe. It certainly was when I bought mine.

Regards,<br>Dave B, XJ8 4.2 SE.
Wiltshire, UK.
<A HREF="http://www.dandmbr.co.uk/jaguar/" TARGET="_blank">Pictures of my Jaguar</A>

CPABLUM
12-10-2003, 08:12 AM
the XJ8 as standard. Thanks for your help.

rebelreiver
12-10-2003, 09:51 AM
The Trunk mounted 6-CD changer is included in the Alpine audio upgrade. I listened to both audio options and the alpine upgrade was far superior. It is pricy but it's the only option for audio upgrade. no chance for after market with the system's computer integration.

You can get after marker additional cartridges for the CD though.

Operation of the audio system does take some getting used to.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index