Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

bills
12-11-2003, 02:11 PM
Hello - I am considering purchase of 1992 300D with 200k miles (!) Records appear to be complete and it is in good exterior condition. Any model-specific things to look for on this one? Thanks in advance!

Paul Harar
12-13-2003, 10:57 PM

Paul Harar
12-13-2003, 11:01 PM
I drive a 1993 with 140K. It runs and sounds like new and gets better that 33 mpg at 70mph.

It drives and looks like new. Have owned the car since 1998 and bought it with 70K miles.

Could no be happier. Just bought snow tires for the rear wheels. i live in northern Virginia and have a lot of snowy hills in the winter.

Drive to and from New York all winter. I could not buy as nice a car and as comfortable car as this one!!!!!

andybmw325is
12-20-2003, 04:13 AM

bill
12-20-2003, 10:06 AM
Yes it has the 2.5 liter turbo. Runs very well. I drove it a few more times. I found a leak behind the rad with a little oil running onto the belly pan. Looks like a trans cooler line or oil cooler line leak. I'm not sure if it has an oil cooler or not. Can anyone recommend a good shop manual? The shift lever is rattling. I told the owner I thought it was shift bushings from my web research. She said she would fix. She did indeed take to the dealer (as she did for everything else!) and showed me the receipt. She had them fix 2 more items also: crank seal leak and ASD line?? So... I bought it yesterday!! I'll probably pick up monday. Wish me luck!! I do most all of my own work, so at least I will save some labor $$ in the future compared to dealer prices (which is $73/hr at the local dealer)

andybmw325is
12-21-2003, 01:06 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index