Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

LSexbmw
12-18-2003, 02:21 AM
Anyone know if GM has plans to go 4wd with the caddys. They already have 4wd LS1 powered mules of the pontiac gto running around so they have a large LS1/4wd driveline kinda sorted. Would be intersting. Anyway CTS-V will suprise a few ppl, the aftermarket scene for this engine is crazy, easy to use software is available and people know so much about them, and relatively cheap or very cheap compared to the dinans etc check out the sponsors on <a href="http://www.ls1tech.com">ls1tech.com</a>.

skooly
12-18-2003, 05:31 PM
...if Cadillac can keep the weight down. What would be better is a lightweight version of the CTS-V!

JADcoupe
12-19-2003, 01:35 PM

Ennui
01-02-2004, 07:45 PM

MADesign
02-05-2004, 06:21 PM
in australia they already have a 4wd version of the holden monaro for sale, but i honestly dont think CTS-V will ever have 4wd

Audiguy
03-26-2004, 04:03 PM
A lot of people wish for the moon. Not everybody gets it. The CTS is a great car condiering the junk we have been getting from GM all these years.
It will never be at the top though. It doesn't have the whole package. The S4's, RS6's and other Audi and BMW high-performance variants will stay at the top.
The CTS is competent. The Volvo S60R is competent. The G35 is but they just don't have the heritage, aura or German touch. Power, efficiency, dynamics, handling superiority and superior quality of the build, materials and innovations.
Not the same league.
The Z06's are magnificent cars and would blow a lot of great cars out, like some Porsches even, but they NEVER quite became the ultimate choice in the eyes of buyers or the press. It just doesn't excel in every area. It doesn't have it nailed in every aspect. That's the same prism for the CTS. Good try GM, but I don't think so.

Don't get fooled by the GT race podium. The race-spec CTS-V's carried 800lbs less than they were supposed to. The SCCA organization has been losing manufacturers and trying to get more income streams in. THAT's why they allowed that.
Don't think other manufacturers are going to let it go for long. They'll give them a pass for the first event and see how they handle it.
Nissan tried to pull off something similar. They were running an NSX, which is already much lighter as the then competing S4, and had higher turbocharging standards than the rules allowed. Guess what happened. They were forced to reverse it and didn't take anymore first places. S4 ultimately won the rest and went away with the championship.

SO CTS-V is a good car but no need to direct a lot of criticism to the Audi's just yet. Let's all wait and see.

Cheers

msheri01
03-27-2004, 12:03 AM
It will have the choice of rear wheel or all wheel drive.

03-27-2004, 07:47 AM
I had heard that the $80K RS6's come equipped only with an automatic transmission, and the $52K S4's come with a free box of bubble bath...

beers
03-27-2004, 07:06 PM
I guess the "whole package" doesn't include building a dependable vehicle... ;-)

darrelld
03-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Audis total package doesn't include owner retention either.

Audiguy
03-29-2004, 02:58 PM
...in this instance and up to this point when you are talking about Cadillac's customers and model line-up for the last years.

Think of all the Devilles and Sevilles that have been the cash cow for Cadillac in the last years. How many rich OLD customers who wanna buy AMerican buy something else. Not many....There IS nothing else.
What a Buick??
Buick makes some GREAT cars but not for someone image-conscious....

A CrownVic or Mercury?? I don't think so..

A 300M?? neither...(the outgoing one)

So the only upscale choice for American choices is Cadillac...hence the retention. Very loyal old affluent crowd.
That's why they are completely rethinking their market targets and came up with some great new models.

SO now we'll see...I'll bet they do well.. but don't compare apples to oranges.

Good luck

Cole
03-29-2004, 06:34 PM
The Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO is a COMPLETELY different platform than the CTS. The GTO shares many components as the old Catera. This platforn was/is called the "Sigma" platform and is still in use by Holden, Opel and the GTO.

Good luck,
Cole

Chuck
04-10-2004, 09:01 AM
STS AWD will aleady be this year and that is a Sigma platform car.

In CSM (forecasting company for auto industry) they show "AWD Poss (possible)" for CTS for 2007 MY. Does not specify the V, but they are certainly looking at it. My guess is that we will see it by 2006 (2007 MY will launch in 2006).

S4 / S6 look out.

darrelld
04-10-2004, 09:54 AM
STS pricing is very competitive.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index