Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Widest 20" tire that will fit?

bmwe39us
12-21-2003, 10:00 PM
Just picked up a 2002 AWD Escalade, and planning on replacing the stock 17" with 20" rims. From tire-calculators, the 295/50/20 will fit keeping the exact same ride-height. Does anyone know if 305/50/20 will fit without any rubbing or modifications?

TIA.

E-BayX5er
12-22-2003, 12:12 PM
A friend of mine has 305/50/20 on their Escallade and he has no problems. I have 305/45/22 on my Denali and they slightly rub only when I crank the wheel all the way to the right. There is a extra piece of rubber that I'm going to bend up or cut off so they don't rub. FYI the ride actually improves when you change the tires. Not only does it handle better, but the ride is more firm and less floaty.

I know 22's will fit on the Escallade.

bmwe39us
12-22-2003, 06:24 PM
We've got a loaner right now. And it seems that the previous owner of this loaner car had bigger than stock rims; the fender liner had been cut in the front area on both sides.

BTW, how's the sidewall with 22"? Rough ride?

E-BayX5er
12-22-2003, 08:04 PM
He may have had 24's on it before. The 22's only rub on the front left. There is an extra piece of plastic or molding that needs to be either cut or stapled up.

The ride with the 22's is actually better than with the stock wheels and tires. You may feel the very large pot holes more but the overall ride in my opinion is smoother. The floating feeling and the bounce in the car is gone. The dealer I bought my car at had trucks with stock wheels, 20" wheels and 22" wheels as demos. so you could feel the difference in the ride. They sell most of there trucks with aftermarket wheels. If you do upgrade your wheels go with the Toyo proxies if you need to use them in snow. The Nittos are better for overall dry, wet and comfort driving but are terrible in the snow.

bmwe39us
12-23-2003, 12:53 PM

E-Bay E5er
12-24-2003, 06:34 PM

andybmw325is
01-07-2004, 12:25 AM
heated front and middle seats, a chrome grille and other exterior differences, tv screen in the middle and back rows, heated and cooled driver and passenger cup holders, and some other stuff.

At the 2004 L.A. Auto Show there was more a more diverse group of age groups than at ANY other stand when I was there!

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index