Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Concord Motorsport

Nikeman
12-30-2003, 03:44 PM
I've heard great things about Concord Motorsport......just wondering if those of you in the area have dealings with them and if so how they turned out??? Thanks

krc328ic
12-31-2003, 11:21 AM
I looked at a M3 there this past summer. Didn't buy it though... It seemed like a decent place...

540sport
01-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I bought my Dinan 540 from a guy who did a lot of mods but had no clue how to maintain a 540 @ 65K. It needed a lot of maddening problems solved and a lot of deferred maintenance including the Dinan software updated. A good friend and BMWCCA member recomended I talk to Mike Cooney & Dinan Dan at Concord Motorsport.

Mike and his crew put it on the GT1 read the codes, listened to it, drove it, prodded here and there and generally went through it end to end. They then diagnosed and explained what was wrong/why, made recomendations and quickly and reasonably took care of all the problems. I have since done a Dinan Stage 2 Lightweight Clutch Assembly/software and a Quaife LSD at Dinan Dans recommendation. While they were at it they saw a leaking main seal, deleted the CDV, updated the shifter and put sythetic fluids in everything. The car really performs now.

As I said below, they are an independent BMW shop and the owner Mike Cooney has been into BMW's since 1970 and can dignose problems with the best. Mike is a genuine legend and a nice guy and Dan is a performance guru. I highly recommend them, you won't be disapointed.

98 540i/6speed Arctic Silver/Grey
3.15 with Quaife Limited Slip Diff
Dinan Stage 2 clutch and flywheel, CAI, MAF
front strut brace, exhaust & stage 4 software.
UUC short shifter, CDV delete.
euro AE halogens, clear sides & smoked celis tails.
Rims, tires and handling goodies in the spring.

gthomason
01-07-2004, 03:19 PM
First thing I did when I bought my E39 was have them check it out. The checked every single little detail. I would have bought from them, but surprisingly found better deal at Dreher-Holloway.

Very good guys. Wish I was still in NH so that I could deal with them.

Greg
1998 528i Silver/Grey (9/97 Build date)
Eibach/Bilstein Sport Suspension
Clear Sides
iPod hardwired in & an
8" powered Bazooka tube for the beats
1929 Ford Roadster
1999 Harley Road King Classic

simianBoy2003
01-08-2004, 05:04 PM

krc328ic
01-12-2004, 03:40 PM

Chris (95 325i)
01-30-2004, 06:03 PM
it's one thing if you're buying an E30 M3 - but if you're buying a common car like a 528i or 325i - why pay $5000 over book value? I don't get it.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index