Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : SRX tires

BAKEY
01-09-2004, 08:36 PM
Had my AWD V8 for 400 miles so far and loved every one of them.

Looked carefully at Touaregs, Cayennes, X5 and Volvo and drove all but Volvo. Decided on SRX as suiting my purposes very well with the tipping factor being US company.

Only gripe, the Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 tires which Tirerack survey ranked 14th out of 14 GTAS tires. They seem particularly bad in snow and this is a ski car. Difficult to find a better tire due to the odd combination of 235/60 18 front and 255/55 18 rear. Hope that Yoko comes outh a GO52 in the front size soon or Cadillac gets around to answering my questions about other tire choices.

Any ideas?

Randy Gardner
01-25-2004, 08:04 PM
I also had to put winter tires on my SRX. Living in New Hampshire the Michelins just weren't cutting it. I contacted Cadillac and was told it's OK to put the 235/60 18's on all 4 corners. I tried to get the Dunlop S2's but they are out for the season, so I got Nokeans. They are supposedly the #1 rated high performance snow tire in Europe. $836 later I can drive with confidence in any snow. They grip so good that when I use moderate to heavy acceleration on hard packed snow the traction control dosen't even come on. The cornering is excellent, however it's not quite as stable at high speeds and there is a noticeable whine at highway speeds on a dry surface.

malamute
05-31-2004, 01:07 PM
I was thinking about getting them for my 4.4i as the oem tires are pretty mediocre. What was the name or nimber for the type you got; they have several varieties? How do the Nokeans do on wet pavement? (I live near Seattle and have much rain and little snow.) At what speeds do you feel it becomes less stable? Anything else appreciated.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index