Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Is a long-wheelbase XJ coming?

RickKap
01-23-2004, 08:50 PM
I doubt a 3 or 4 inch longer wheelbase would even ruin the lines of the XJ. In my opinion, the long wheelbase 7 Series, S Class, and A8 look out of proportion.

charlienmr
01-24-2004, 12:56 AM
Jaguar (see Jaguar News) has reported that Tony Blair (yeah, that Tony Blair) will receive the first extended XJ8. Besides a longer wheelbase, it's also armored, etc. making safe for the PM to motor around in. The consumer version of the long wheel base car will be released this spring or summer.

RickKap
01-24-2004, 01:58 AM
(sorry for lack of a better British word if there is one) politicans drive around in Jaguars, Bentleys, and Rolls-Royces. I heard that Queen Elizabeth 2 had a $15,000,000 Bentley made for her.

In the USA, the President rides around in Lincoln Town cars and Caddillacs. There are a number of businessmen that my dad deals with who just drive pick-ups and suvs. Some of them think "you live in America, you should drive an American car" and that shows patriotism. Cadillac is having a revolution with the rwd CTS, the 400 hp CTS-V, the XLR, and the bigger 05 STS with rwd. The CTS-V is a relative bargain at $50,000 when compared to the competition which either costs $25,000 more or costs the same but offers less room.

Mr Jaguar
03-08-2004, 10:07 AM
I know what the changes will be for the 2005MY X350:

-No chrome around the tail lights
-No chrome around the windscreen & back window
-17" Rims no longer available
-The sport's version is no longer available
-The Super V8 gets a mesh grill
-The grill surrounding will be in body colour on all modells (except Super V8)
-The will come a LWB version!!! It will be 12,5 cm longer! And only 20 kg heavier

Mr Jaguar

==>It will be introduced in the summer<==

Hendrik
04-01-2004, 11:01 AM
I was informed by my local dealer (in Ghent, Belgium) that the long-wheelbase would be presented at the New York Auto Show on 7th April. Equally a version with picknick tables would be presented. This would only be available on the Super V8 with the special nerved leather, so top specification. It's a good thing that they try to get some class back, rather than putting permanently visible cupholders as BMW did in the back of the new 5-series.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index