Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JohnG
01-25-2004, 03:58 AM
I really dig the SRX, but the price is killing it - for an MSRP in the low 40s you can get a 4wd V8 Touareg with all sorts of options. Comparably equipped, the SRX AWD V8 has an MSRP in the high 50s.

So sticker price to sticker price, it's tough to justify buying the SRX when the almost as good Touareg is a great deal cheaper.

But Cadillac dealers are almost as famous as Lincoln dealers for having a car with a 55K sticker and selling it to you at the end of the month for 39,999. Are the dealers dealing on the SRXs? If they are coming way off sticker, it would make it a lot easier to pick the SRX over the VW.

RickKap
01-25-2004, 10:42 PM
C&D picked a SRX over the VW I mean Porsche Cayenne.

JohnG
01-25-2004, 10:56 PM
it's not the car, it's the $. Even though the car is better, it's hard to justify spending $55K when the almost as good (and better interior) VW is $44K.

If Cadillac dealers are selling them for a great deal less than sticker, and VW dealers aren't budging from sticker, then it's SRX all the way.

keithe1
02-03-2004, 01:40 PM
and can tow considerably more. I know that is not something important for most buyers in this class. I prefer the size and number of seats of the SRX, but I agree that it is way too much $$$.Especially based on Cadillac's awful resale/depreciation.

beers
02-06-2004, 01:59 AM

beers
02-06-2004, 02:13 AM
I'm currently in the process of purchasing a V8 SRX and my bank has negotiated with the fleet manager for a price several thousand below MSRP (in the low 50's for a fairly loaded V8 - AWD, mag ride, DVD Nav, utlraview, 3rd row, etc..). From what I understand, the dealers are more willing to negotiate on the V8 models vs. the V6.

I recently went to the L.A. Auto Show (NAIAS) and have to say that the Toureg is a nice looking vehicle. It looks more capable for off road performance (though the Caddy has about the same ground clearance), but does not provide quite the same performance (i.e. acceleration and handling) and offers less utility (carrying stuff) than the SRX does. The Toureg has a great looking interior, better than the Cayenne in my opinion, though I would say that the seats in the SRX are quite a bit more comfortable and have better support.

All in all, there are a lot of sharp models coming out for the 2004/2005 model year, its a great time to be purchasing a vehicle...

RickKap
02-09-2004, 09:32 PM

alan
02-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Do you have any pics you can post of it? We've seen them at the shows of course, but it is nice to see real SRXs owned by real people!

--Alan

beers
02-22-2004, 08:50 PM
It should be delivered in about a week, I'll take some photos once we pick it up...

hog4oc
05-02-2004, 11:11 AM

malamute
05-31-2004, 12:43 PM
What exactly are you looking for in a suv? Size, performance, reliability, looks, etc. Clarify what is important and the decison will make itself for you because there are other options in this category. That said, the Tourag has horrible reliability. I did not even consider it. I ended up with a 2004 BMW X5 4.4i. Had the SRX been smaller might have gotten that. It was very impressive.

Don French
12-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Just bought a used 2004 V8 SRX for $32,500 (list $49,100) from a dealer in Detroit area; was owner's personal car. Good selection of incentives out there - golf tournament cars, factory officials cars, etc. I am replacing a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (have had 5 GC's) that I ski and tow with; will miss the low range and probably will not tow much. Tough to beat that price on a 5 month old car; was a deciding factor over competing products.

CR
01-03-2005, 03:12 AM
Double check those numbers. The VW was one of my top choices. The big engine was pretty big bucks I think. I test drove a v6 vw. Didn't like the trannys downshift coming off the highway. Test drove the srx's. Should never have drove the v8....can't go back to the v6. I bought a 04 v8 for invoice minus 3500.00 rebate and 0% for 5 years..that's about 40k ttl in the driveway no cash needed. Best of luck.

Likor
01-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Adobe Acrobat 7.0 - fast download

<a href='http://www.oemsoft.org'>http://www.oemsoft.org</a>

MicktheKnife
02-02-2005, 04:46 PM
The service and ownership experience at VW is far from what you'd expect from a luxury car brand. My (thankfully sold) 03 W8 was constantly in for service with electronic and mechanical issues and a lumpy idle. The dealer kept replacing the parts but problems persisted. VWofA was of no help, and had the brilliant suggestion to just "bring it back to the dealer when something breaks, it's still under warranty." I hated that vehicle and I'll never buy another V dub. I've owned 4 BMWs, one Mercedes and an Audi, pleasant experiences with them all. VW, a different story. If you buy a Touareg, I just hope you don't have to bring it in for service.

I'm currently shopping for a replacement.

Mick

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index