Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Dave
02-08-2004, 12:02 AM
I just read the Car and Driver road test on the CTS-V and they said that WOT axle/wheel hop is terrible from a standing start and slows the 0-60 down from 4.6 to 5.2 seconds. Anybody know anything about this? Thanks.

RICH
02-08-2004, 02:31 AM
AFTER DRIVING MINE FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS I CAN TELL YOU THE AXEL WHEEL HOP IS BAD. I THOUGHT THAT IT WAS THE COLD WHEATHER BUT AFTER READING THE ARTICLE I AM CONVINCED THAT IT IS A PROBLEM. WHEN YOU GET ON IT OUT OF TRHE HOLE FIRST AND SECOND THE WHEELS HOP BAD. YOU HAVE TO BE SLOW OUT OF THE HOLE TO PREVENT THE HOPING FROM HAPPENING

Dave
02-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Thanks a lot - maybe I'll call a GM engineer and see if he has any advice. Unfortunately, this is typical of my experience with GM performance cars - they can look good on paper, but they're just not really sorted out.

Dave
02-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Rich - what can prevent this wheel hop from happening? Bigger tires?

JohnG
02-08-2004, 10:40 PM
So, if the CTS-V has wheel hop, all that means is 1)the car isn't ideally suited to the drag strip 2)burnouts will not be it's forte either.
I assume most of the 50K Sport Sedan target market doesn't intend to to a whole lot of either one, so it shouldn't be a problem.

York
02-09-2004, 10:23 AM
Ambient and track temperatures effect wheel hop. Summer tires in cold temperatures will hop more on any vehicle than in normal operating temps

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index