Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

DocFeelGood
02-08-2004, 01:54 AM
I understand that virtually all V's are coming with a sunroof. I barely fit in a standard CTS (with sunroof). I was told by a factory rep (at a recent carshow) that the V will have an additional 1.5 inches of head-space.

Has anyone heard anything to substantiate regard?

msheri01
02-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Most dealers are ordering V-series with sunroof for stock vehicles. This is because about 75 percent of the regular CTS buyers have wanted the sunroof. If you want a car without a roof, you will most likely have to special order it. The base CTS has more headroom without the roof, so I am assuming the V will also, the one we have already delivered had a roof, and the next 3 coming do also, so that is all I can tell you.

mhart
02-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Without the sunroof, the CTS does have additional headroom. I am taller than most, so I had to order mine without the sunroof.
Still waiting on a delivery date, though. :<

Rich H
02-08-2004, 05:07 PM
It's unlikely that a CTS V would have anymore headroom than a regular CTS. The car internal dimensions are virtually identical between the two. Unless the CTS V seats have been lowered (which I doubt), you will need to forgo the sunroof to pick up an additional 1.5" headroom.

However, I have not yet had the opportunity to sit in a CTS V driver's seat. Soon, I hope, since I think I will have the same problem.

Rich H.

JohnG
02-08-2004, 06:15 PM
That's probably what your factory rep was thinking, but he misspoke. They lowered the console for the V so it doesn't encroach on your arm when you are shifting. But the seats should be the same height.

However, Cadillac is one of the few car companies which doesn't force a sunroof on you (as opposed Infiniti, where you MUST get a base or stripper model if you don't want a sunroof, Or Acura where no matter how "base" the car is, it has a sunroof) - so if you shop around, finding a CTS-V without the roof should be doable.
And since everyone else probably wants a sunroof, maybe you can get a deal on it :-)

OTOH, have you really played with the seat positions? I'm not that tall (5'10") but I have a ton of space between my head and the headliner in a CTS, even with the Sunroof.

moorehead
02-09-2004, 09:07 PM
I just sat in the one I am considering tonight.I am 6' 6" and fit in the V with the moonroof quite easily.

Bill
02-10-2004, 04:33 PM
Doc,

I've just returned from a trip to the local Caddy dealer where I sat in a new CTS-V, with a sun roof, and checked the head room clearance for myself. Bottom line, I'm 6'3" tall and I had more than adequate headroom. This concern must be coming from some very tall people.

Bill

DocFeelGood
02-12-2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks for all the feedback reagarding the lack of headroom. I am 6'-2", but I have a long upper torso. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I know for a fact that the V my dealer is getting is coming with a moonroof. They had no say in the matter. Their V is coming fully loaded.

JohnG
02-12-2004, 08:59 PM
some people have all their height in the legs, some have it all in the torso, and some have about an equal split.

a 6 footer, if he has most of his height in his legs, is going to need a LOT of legroom, but not so much headroom.

If the height is in his torso, he won't need nearly as much legroom, but will need a LOT of headroom.

JohnG
02-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Sewell in Dallas is bound to have a HUGE allocation -
<a href="http://www.sewell.com">http://www.sewell.com</a>

JohnG
02-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Sewell Cadillac in Dallas has 2 black CTS-Vs on their lot without sunroofs. Call Todd Gonitzke at (214) 956 3736
Also, it's Sewell's policy not to sell cars for more than MSRP, so there shouldn't be any markup.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index