Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike
02-10-2004, 01:56 AM
I have spoken to several dealers here in suburban Chicago.
Nearly all of their "first batch" all spoken for - not surprized.

One dealer had a black one w/o sunroof. They gave me an option of $5000(!) deposit for right of first refusal. Took a pass on this one (want Platinum w/roof). They seemed unable to give me a target of how many more to expect throughout the year.

Another one had another black one, and was willing to take an order with only $500 deposit. Expecting March-ish delivery.
When asked about quantities, he said:
"Once they get totally geared up, there should be no restriction on the number of V's that can be made. The factory has told us, 'If you can sell 5,000 we will build 5,000 and if you can sell 10,000 we will build 10,000'."

Another was willing to take a deposit for one that isn't built yet, so I can get whatever I want. No news on the deposit yet, but expects "summer" delivery.

I could get it now, but would have to find storage for a few months.

So, if I wait a few months to order - will I miss out, or will I be safe and be able to get one?

Going to the Auto Show this week to see what the folks there have to say...

nupeskee
02-10-2004, 10:47 AM
Sure they can make more, but this is a halo car that has a specific market. I would be shocked if they sell 10,000 in the first year. I would go with the $500 deposit and get it in writing from the general manager that its refundable because I think these cars are going to disappear fast once people find out what a deal they are getting.

oceanhut
02-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Ive heard the direct opposite from the factory. I was told between 1,800 and 2,000.

nupeskee
02-10-2004, 12:18 PM

oceanhut
02-10-2004, 12:24 PM
No. But GM is a one of our clients.

msheri01
02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Mike, if you want platinum with ebony with a roof, call David Grove at 937-433-4811. The car is due in mid-March, and did not have a deposit on it as of 12:00 today.

alec
02-12-2004, 04:29 PM
I'm a salesperson for a GM dealer and half of what GM tells us is incorrect when pertaining to production on a new model. Some of it may be for marketing reasons, I don't know.

Jeff
02-12-2004, 11:40 PM
There was one not claimed yesterday in Buffalo call Paul 716-634-4100. Silver w/ roof.

Mike
02-13-2004, 01:51 AM
My dealer said a March/April order date will allow for a May delivery.
I should wait until then anyway...since I'm working on closing on a new house. I don't have a garage yet, and there is no way I'm parking a $50k car outside in Chicago!

Spoke with several Caddy folks at the Chicago Auto Show Wednesday.
1) Had no clue about the problem, and neither did the person she asked
2) Read the C&D article, and dismissed the problem saying the article contradicts itself.
3) Had driven one, and did not experience the problem. He's arranging a test drive for next week sometime.

msheri01
02-13-2004, 08:49 AM
The platinum is no longer available. The only scheduled order left is a black/black with roof. If Supplier or GMS pricinng wanted, would have to take delivery in Ohio, too late to drop ship vehicle. Call David Grove at 937-433-4811. This car due late March,early April.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index