Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Poetic justice!

stuart
02-14-2004, 11:46 PM
<a href="http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=7359">Car and Driver six car comparison.</a>

Having come out of a BMW 745 (Florida Lemon Law, thank you), I find great pride in the Car and Driver results. Lexus LS430 is first (naturally), Jaguar XJ8 takes second place - wow! Following behind Jag is the 1/4 till 8, BMW 745.

Rick
02-14-2004, 11:58 PM
2004 is the year of British invasion into the USA with several new British cars.

BMW.Aaron.TeamF1
02-15-2004, 10:16 AM

RickKap
02-15-2004, 03:40 PM
is .3 second faster than the 745i but who cares? The XJR eats the competition for breakfast. The XJ8 costs around $9,000 less than the 745i. The XJR (and the Super V8) has Brembo brakes. The new XJ doesn't have the pointless gizmos that can and will go wrong like in the 7 Series.

RickKap
02-15-2004, 03:42 PM

johncalifornia
02-29-2004, 12:37 PM
. . . is spot on.

I've been reading Patrick Bedard since he started at C&D, must be 35 years ago, and I have this article on file.

Bedard has the mind of an engineer (he is one, worked for Chryslter I think) and the soul of a car nut, and is a top-notch writer to boot. His enthusiasm knows no bounds. You may remember the time he drove at Indy and nearly killed himself.

In one page of this multi-car review (see attachment) he absolutely nails the mystique of the XJ, from the manufacturer's intention to the owner's experience. The review's Mozart-like simplicity and completeness makes it finest description I've read of the XJ to date.
John Mulvihill, technical writer, San Francisco Bay Area
1998 XJ8, Anthracite/Charcoal

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index