Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Nick
02-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Just had my Cts-v delivered to me today. What a car. Awesome power and handling. I don't know what the complaint is about the interior. It is nicely layed out and is actually much nicer in person than in photos as I was pleasantly surprised. Looks great in person inside and out, better than even the photos represent. Not sure about the complaints on the transmission either. I am a professional race car driver, and I have no complaints with the way it shifts. It's brand new, so I haven't been hard enough on it yet to see this axle hop, but then again, I didn't buy it to drag race it, so I don't ever see it being a problem. I do know that I've owned Camaro's, Firebird's and Corvette's and they have all had axle hope if you try to drop the clutch.

Just a warning to anyone buying the car from out of town. I had the car shipped to me in California from the East Coast and very sadly, the shipping company did not give a [Oops!] about the car as it was delivered to me with scratches on the doors, rocker panels, roof, hood and rear bumper. While they will fix it, I hate that a brand new car has to be painted so beware! If you can pick it up yourself, that is your safest way to guarantee your car will be like new when you get it!

Ben
02-16-2004, 09:04 PM
If you are in the Bay Area get in touch with me - there seem to be a few owners (or very soon to be owners) here... always good to know who your cousins are...

-Ben

Ben
02-16-2004, 09:05 PM
AND CONGRADS! (sorry to hear about the damage!)

msheri01
02-16-2004, 09:15 PM
That is why it is usually safer to have the selling dealer arrange a courtesy delivery through a local dealer. That way the car is only shipped once. Some stores will have the car delivered on a flatbed single-car hauler, and this is usually preferred to having the car hauled by a jobber.. Safer for the car's finish I mean. I hope you enjoy your car.

DocFeelGood
02-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Hey Ben

I have a V on order. My dealer rep isn't very forthcoming with information, but, I should hear something soon as I put down $1,000 for an order in mid-December.

I am praying that I fit in the car. My hair was touching the headliner on a a regular CTS with a moonroof. Supposedly there is more headroom on the V.

What's your opinion of the vehicle so far?

Will-

Ben
02-18-2004, 04:36 AM
Hope to be getting mine in <1 week so I have no impressions so far (altho all my firends are calling me "papa" proud soon to be dad to new V)...

Are you in the Bay Area? If so Email me (click on the name at the top)!

-Ben

Nick
02-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Ben, I am not in the Bay Area.

Doc, the seat's have a height adjustment on them, so I think you should be fine with head clearance.

mikethegrreat
02-19-2004, 02:28 AM
hey man where you from? im in so cali...i drive a STS and i detail cars...bring that CTS-V on by..email me ...

DocFeelGood
02-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Nick

I hope you are right. All I know is that I didn't fit in a regular CTS with a moonroof and every piece of literature I've seen (even the stuff produced only for sales people) indicates that the dimensions from the seat to the headliner are the same for the CTS and the CTS-V.

We'll see.

Doc

JohnG
02-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Sewell Cadillac has 2 black/black CTS-Vs without sunroofs. One is a demo, and one is new.
<a href="http://www.sewell.com">http://www.sewell.com</a>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index