Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

oceanhut
02-17-2004, 11:48 AM
is enabled by a simple ground when the Ebrake is engaged,or, does the engaged Ebrake trigger a computerized command to play the DVD?

Most aftermarket video headunits are controlled by a simple ground that can me moved to bypass this safety option-- Hopefully, the V's audio/visual system is the same.

Anyone have any luck either on their CTS or the CTSv with this yet?

-john

JohnG
02-17-2004, 12:23 PM
So someone out there must know how to disable it. While I don't advocate watching DVDs while driving, I think the passengers would enjoy it and the driver could concentrate on the road.

Shaun
02-17-2004, 02:21 PM
I am waiting for the answer to this as well!

Nick
02-22-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm sure it is a wire connected to the E-brake, but I know you can basically cheat the system by just barely pressing the E-brake the first click which is not enough to even move the brake pads, but it does bring the E-brake light on and makes the car think it is park and the enitre system is usable, including all of the Navigation functions and the ability to play movies.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index