Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Shaun
02-19-2004, 02:48 PM
What do you guys think of this? I put a 1,000.00 deposit down on a V in September here in Southern california and I have yet to recieve it! The dealer has recieved two that they claim were ordered before me, and they are telling me that mine is next and is due this week. They have been giving me the next week line for 2 months now. I don't want to piss the dealer off to not cause a longer wait or a higher price. I do not have an order # because they never gave me one. What should I do, or is this normal?

Nick
02-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Dealers had a very limited number of allocations given to them for this car due to only 4 or 5,000 being built for the U.S., so typically the allocations were a month apart. But you should have an order number. I know there are several offered on E-bay right now that are available for immediate purchase and seem to be going at MSRP, so that is another option. The dealer has to return your deposit if you don't buy the car.

GNSCOTT
02-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Did they tell you people were in front of you when you ordered the car? I would think they would have mentioned you were #3 in line when you placed your order. Personally if I knew I was going to be #3, I woulda gone to another dealer. I called my 4 most local dealers and 3 had zero orders and 1 had a 1 deposit.

GNSCOTT
02-19-2004, 05:04 PM
forgot to mention. Did they give you a vehicle oder detail with a TPW on it? In my other post I'm asking someone here to run my order # to see if they have a firm build date and estimated delivery date. Its hard to trust a dealer with a car like this sometimes.

Shaun
02-19-2004, 06:07 PM
They have never given me anything even though I have requested it many times. When we first ordered the car they were unsure if any orders had come in yet. I can't nail them down on anything, they have been nothing but vague for the past 6 months.

GNSCOTT
02-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Shaun, Call them and tell them you want the "vehicle order detail " faxed to you immediatly. It will tell you the day it was ordered, the tentative production week (tpw) and your order number. If they cannot fulfill this, call Cadillac customer service. Hint... Ask them for the number. I seriously dobt they had 2 orders before yours if you ordered yours in September. Remember all this when filling out your dealer satisfaction card.

GNSCOTT
02-19-2004, 07:08 PM
forgot to mention...I had my Vehicle order detail the day after I ordered my car on 1-26

msheri01
02-20-2004, 07:21 PM
Shaun,
I order the cars for the dealer I work for, so I can tell you that GNSCOTT is accurate. If your car was ordered specifically for you, the dealer has at least what is a preliminary order detail. If your car has not been scheduled yet, then it will still be preliminary. If the order number you are given is not a similar letter/number combination like the one he posted, I would be suspicious. Also, referring to the post by GNSCOTT, the TPW is the tentative production week. The car should be built sometime during the first week of March. GM does not pin the exact date for the dealers. If their info is accurate, your should see your car when they tell you. GNSCOTT it sounds like your dealer is giving you all the info they have. Shaun, I would start asking some serious questions, first and foremost for a copy of the order.

GNSCOTT
02-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks alot for the info. I'll wait a couple weeks until the car is being built to ask them again.

Shaun
02-23-2004, 01:01 PM
On friday I got a call from cadillac customer service asking how my experiance was with ordering and recieveing my CTS-V. I told them that I had not recieved the car yet and they were quite surprised because their records showed that I had recieved it. They then just said , thank you for your time. What triggers this kind of call? Has the dealer sold my car from under me?

Shaun
02-23-2004, 01:07 PM
I just had the "Vehicle Order Detail" faxed to me. It includes my order number: "GVDWKF" but the TPW is blank. Is this normal, and is there a way to check my order number to find out when it was ordered and what the TPW is?

GNSCOTT
02-23-2004, 05:30 PM
Shaun, I would be extremely pissed. call Cadillac Customer Satisfaction @ (800)458-8006.Tell them what happened. Tell them that they called you asking about how your car was and that your car was sold out from under you and you are contacting a lawyer unless they can make it right, and making it right would be a car delivered to another dealership ASAP at GMS pricing, and that your dealership be repremanded and you would like a copy of the letter.

Shaun
02-23-2004, 05:38 PM
I'm not saying they did sell it from under me, I'm just wondering if they did, I still have no proof besides that custumer service called to ask how I liked my buying/ordering experiance and they were surprised that I didn't have the car. My question is did they sell it? How can I find out? What can I do... I'm lost here!

GNSCOTT
02-23-2004, 08:54 PM
Shaun, Like I said call that number and ask them what order info they have on you. The dealer sure as hell isn't going to tell you he sold your car. Sounds to me like the dealer ordered it under your name and sold it to someone else. Your order having no TPW to me sounds like there are no plans yet to even start building it. They may have filled their allocation and not even be getting anymore for a while. My V had a TPW the day I ordered it. No one here can give you the answers you are looking for. Only Caddy or the dealer can. Call the # I gave you and ask them when the order was put in.I'll bet it was put in recently.

Shaun
02-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the help!

msheri01
03-03-2004, 08:18 PM
Shaun, does the order have your name and address in the customer field? Also, ask the dealer to pull up the order again and print the event history tab. This will tell all the dates that the order has had activity, from original entry, any changes, production scheduling, etc.

Shaun
03-04-2004, 01:11 PM
It does have my name in the customer info. As they have told me that it is in transit and should be here this week, but I don't belive it. I have a request in at another dealer where I got to test drive a black V (I want Platnum) now that claims that they are reciving 2 more this week. If my car doesnt come this week as promised I will as for the history. Hopefully someday I will have a V!

msheri01
03-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Shaun, the last 8 of the vin on the order you gave is 40163689. This car is built and was originally ordered on 11/19/03. I do not know your real name, but I do see a customer name, address, and telephone number on the vehicle order information. This car was shipped 02/25/03 and still shows the vehicle in transit. Since you are in Southern California, it must take quite a while to get them. We usually have them 3-5 days after build.

Shaun
03-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Thank you, and the order is under Glen. Is that the earliest that the V could be ordered? Iím surprised that it was ordered 2 months after I gave them a deposit.

msheri01
03-09-2004, 05:32 PM
That is the earliest date the system would accept the orders. It was a very short time window for the first orders vs. allocation run. The order information indicates that that car was ordered specifically for you in November. It was ordered as a sold order, not modified after the fact. It appears they are being straightforward in the ordering process with you.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index