Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Eric S.
02-21-2004, 10:38 PM
I got my V a week ago, and absolutely LOVE it!! However, I have two little nagging problems I'm hoping someone can help me with.

Annoying problem #1--the Nav screen has one dead pixel. Only noticeable when the screen is dark, there is one little blue pixel. I assume this is a warranty item. Has anyone had this problem with the Nav? Is changing the Nav screen a big deal? More trouble than its worth?

Annoying problem #2--the center consol between the front seats, with the arm rest, isn't centered between the two seats. As a result, the armrest and the plastic piece on the hinge of the armrest are rubbing against the drivers seat, causng a bothersome noise. I'm also worried that the leather on the seat will wear from the rubbing. Is the center console adjustable? I'd like to position my seat for the most comfortable driving position but I've been holding off due to my concerns about damage to the leather.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Other than the above items (admitedly not big deals), this car is AWESOME. Thanks.

GNSCOTT
02-21-2004, 11:10 PM
I see you post on both boards too. I'd deffinately bring it back to the dealer about the console. It should be centered in a $50k car and could problably be pursuaded to the center. Personally I hate taking my car to the dealer (unauthorized test drives) and I would try to do it myself first. There should be screw mounting points inside the console storage area. I'd loosen the a LITTLE, see if you can move and retighten.

I'd be shocked if any car company replaced a screen for 1 dead pixel, but hey, Caddy may be different. Sometimes they don't mind stuff like that because the manufacturer of the screen will flip the bill.

Thanks for a heads up on stuff we all should look for when we take delivery. I'm gonna post this on the other board as well.

Nick
02-22-2004, 01:57 AM
So far my only problem has been a noisy fan in the engine compartment. It clicks as it spins, but other than that it runs great. I know I've heard about the 1 to 4 forced shift, but even when I'm driving mellow, It has not forced me to go from 1st to 4th, so I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, but I'm glad it has not done it.

This wheel thing is driving me nuts though as I still keep searching for 6 lug wheels that will fit the car and so far my only choices are to have custom one's made at a cost of around $4,000 which I'm having a tough time swallowing, but I'm worried since it is a limited production vehicle, that wheel companies may not produce a wheel for it since they obviously won't sell very many of them. I may just have the stock one's chromed and live with it.

Nupeskee
02-22-2004, 01:40 PM
wheels. I know some people complain about them alot but they really produce good looking custom forged wheels at a good price. Their website is iforged.com. I will be looking at them to make a set of wheels for me once I receive my V.

Doug G.
02-22-2004, 07:30 PM
Anybody having any trouble with universal joints or other shifting irregularities? I'm getting a lot of "clicking" noises betweens (mellow) shifts, which is clearly the drivehaft/ u-joints banging around and it is difficult to make the 1-2 shift without a louder "bang" (I've been driving sticks for 25 years so please no lectures about how to shift properly).

I picked it up yesterday and intend to bring it back tomorrow.....

dhg

RickKap
02-22-2004, 08:19 PM

BRZ1992
02-23-2004, 03:13 PM
Received my V last Monday - Love the Car! - On the way home though the Check Engine light went on - They replaced the Mass-Air-flow Sensor. The Light is now out but.. One thing I'm not sure of.. When I sit in the car at idle, the engine has a slight shudder from time to time.. sort of like a high lift cam or timing thing. There seems to be no loss of power though - The car is a rocket. The Master Mechanic at Cadillac says that it's a normal characteristic of the LS Performace Motor and he said he confirmed this with the factory - Anyone else notice this??

GNSCOTT
02-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Its the same on my Vette, The engine idles very low. I assume to save on gas.

Eric S.
02-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Mine does the EXACT same thing. I'm not too worried about it though, my Viper does the same thing. Eric

Nick
02-23-2004, 07:28 PM
The LS6 Z06 motor has a high lift cam and that is what is being felt. I feel the same thing on my V and also felt it on my previous Vette. That is your reminder when your sitting at a stoplight that you have a Monster under the hood!

Doug G.
02-23-2004, 09:02 PM
Mine does the exact same thing. I'm much more worried about the bad u joints......

m3owner
02-25-2004, 01:11 AM
Dead pixels are common in LCD screens. Unless the number of pixels exceeds a certain limit, the screen is not considered "defective". All the limits I've heard of have been higher than 1 pixel, usually 3-5 pixels.

JohnG
02-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Maybe the clicking is coming from the dual mass flywheel? The reason I say this, is don't U-Joints make a kind of "clang" rather than a "click"?
Also I think this is one of the first GM applications of a dual mass flywheel, whereas they have been building bulletproof U-Joints for a long time.

Doug
02-25-2004, 10:59 AM
see the other note on U joints, but it was either the differential or the transmission having a backlash issue. Caddy took the car back and I will get first crack at the next one.

John Gawura
02-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Eric S.

I am a Quality Engineer at the Lansing Cadillac Plant where your V-series CTS was built. I would like to discuss your annoying problem #2 - the center console between the seats not centered correctly. Please contact me at john.d.gawura@gm.com

GNSCOTT
02-26-2004, 06:19 PM
John, Thats nice of you to follow up on that for him. Oh and make sure you throw one of those factory fluke motors in order # GWGZ66 that due to come down your line the week of March 8th..LOL

Ben
02-27-2004, 01:02 PM
According to the CTS-V brochure Caddy will offer a 2nd wheel option later this year. It's a dual seven spoke (seven twin spokes) looks a little bit like the Z06 rim but high polish.

-Ben

PBR
02-27-2004, 10:32 PM
Other Board???
Can you please direct me to the other board?
Many thanks!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index