Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

GNSCOTT
02-23-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi all. My sister in law just called me because she heard I was buying the V. She told me she can send away for a GM in your drivway certificate that would give me $1500 off the car. Anyone know anything about it like: Is it really $1500 off, am I eligible as a bro in law, is it accepted on the V, and does my dealer have to warrant it? Thanks for your help.

Ben
02-23-2004, 08:09 PM
I got my V today. They DID NOT accept it (My GM Driveway Cert). It would have been for the car @ GMS, the dealers DO NOT HAVE to oblige.

-Ben

vmaniac
02-23-2004, 08:34 PM
I tried to use a GM in my driveway voucher and the dealer did not allow it. Said if they allowed the GMS discount, the general public would never get a V - only 3,500 worldwide. Wife says I'm obsessive -- i've washed the V 5X in the 1st 10 days.

GNSCOTT
02-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Thanks guys. I guess Its going in the fireplace then.

JohnG
02-26-2004, 03:18 PM
All you have to do is find a dealer wiling to do GMS pricing on the V. msheri01 says his dealer is allowing it. Presumably others are too.

The GM in the Driveway program is there to extend the supplier pricing beyond the traditinoal immediate family - everyone at GM gets 2 of these certificates that they can give to friends, neighbors, distant relatives, anyone.

So you can use it, you just need to find a dealer that will honor it.

GNSCOTT
02-26-2004, 06:16 PM
I'll travel to save that much, but I can't order a new one because you have to take delivery before March 31st. PLEASE if you hear of someone willing whithin 1000 miles of CT let me know. Thanks

Rick99STS
03-03-2004, 01:13 AM
I received a certificate after Cadillac took myself and a friend out to a race course they put together on an unused runway and told us we had to drive a CTS (no V to drive, only look at) and a new XLR as hard as we could for 1.5 miles (it was tough, but someone had to do it!). My certificate specifically said "not valid on Corvette or CTS-V cars. Had to toss mine.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index