Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Linn
02-24-2004, 12:09 PM
VVV

I just read a post on the Edmonds site that Cadillac is going to begin 05 productions on May 17th! I assume this is to begin the normal delivery cycle in September. I am considering rolling my deposit on a 04 V to a 05. That way I will avoid one year’s depreciation that will occur in a few months.Maybe the small problems reported on the 04 V will be fixed by then. I also wonder what new features will be on the 05. I ordered the V in December and calls to my local dealer about a delivery date have been a waste of time. They seem to be as much in the dark as I am. I am excited to take delivery as soon as possible, but I know waiting for the 05 make more sense financially. Any thoughts?

Shaun
02-24-2004, 05:28 PM
I am considering the same thing that you are and my V should come in about 1 month. I would first like to hear the official changes to the car and an official release date for the 2005 V before I refuse my current 2004 V. I also don't know if I can do without this car that I have been anxiously waiting for now over 6 months. I am not too concerned about a dropped value since I will be holding on to this car for at least 5 years; I am more concerned with the upgrades or changes.

xlr
02-25-2004, 12:43 AM
The CTS production begins sooner than most GM cars - each car is different. I would expect to see 2005 models in showrooms in June. Dealers can start ordering in late March 2005 models

i was shocked that the V was a 2004 to begin with as its so late in the model year.

vmaniac
02-26-2004, 10:47 PM
I spoke to my dealer and he said the 05 V's will probably hit the dealerships in September. They start the process in May. Will continue to deliver '04's till July or August.

DocFeelGood
02-26-2004, 11:06 PM
You can try hunting down the phone number (www.cadillac.com) for caddy's CTS-V Marketing Firm (they are based in Texas) -- and ask them.

I talked to them about 4-5 weeks ago. They were very helpful. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the number.

Reed
02-27-2004, 01:20 PM
Ok, but what is the difference between the o4 adn o5?

Reed

PBR
03-01-2004, 09:58 PM
That makes me think they could have not produced the 3100 V's they said they were going to make per year. Sounds like the 2004's might be rarer than first thought.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index