Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Doug
02-26-2004, 11:37 AM
Can anyone report taking delivery of a flawless V (i.e. one that did not have immediately identifiable mfg. flaws or other issues that requires a trip back to the dealer)?

After the differential/transmission episode with my first V, and the other postings on this board, I am pondering the merits of waiting till next year to allow them to wring out some problems.......

d

oceanhut
02-26-2004, 12:24 PM
I have absolutely no problems with mine. The paint is superb, the transmission is whisper quiet, the interior was spotless. I already have 800 miles on the clock, because of a trip from NJ to NC-- no problems, fantastic gas mileage (over 20mpg.) I havent dropped the clutch, but have have floored it from almost a complete stop, and It really doesnt have any wheel hop( that is with the T/C fully off.)

Hope that helps.....

Doug
02-26-2004, 12:39 PM
good news indeed. Thanks and keep me posted! Mine is due in about 10 days.

Nupeskee
02-26-2004, 10:37 PM
with this small sampling here on this board it is hardly enough to conclude that their are problems with the car. They just seem to be amplified because we are here most of the time. Remember that this is a mechanical piece of equipment that was built by human beings. Just hold tight and enjoy your car when it comes in.

vmaniac
02-26-2004, 10:43 PM
The only problem I had was some adhesive residue on the corners of the rear bumper. I considered this a very minor issue and should have been caught by the dealership. I took it back and they rubbed the spots our while I waited. Other than that, my V was and is perfecto!

Brz1992
02-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Although I had a minor initial problem with my V (the Mass Air Flow Sensor) - The car was perfect - The Paint is flawless, the car does not have one squeak, the transmission shifts beautifully and the interior is awesome. I have the Raven Black with the Light Neutral Interior. I had a Black Lacquer Dash kit installed and it looks beautiful and deep against the black dash.

I traded in my 2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe for the Caddy, and I am ecstatic with what I now have… The care is a rocket and tight and much more specious. The Bose Stereo blows away the Bose system I had in the Infiniti – Much more crisp and clear. The Interior road noise is minimal compared to the G and the exhaust growl combined with the power is exhilarating! Good luck, because I can’t get out of this car!

Eric S.
02-27-2004, 12:53 AM
Another former G35 owner? I sold my 2003 G35 Coupe 6MT to get my V. Both great cars. Eric

BRZ1992
02-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I traded in my G 35 6MT- I enjoyed the car, but a few things bothered me. The trunk was way to small, my head touched the ceiling, the stereo was weak, and in a bit of ice the car could barely move. Although, on dry pavement the car was awesome and tight. I prefer the heavier vehicle.

The V has a nice weighted feel on the road, the steering and turning radius is excellent and the road noise in minimal. In the G you can hear pebbles hit the bottom of the car. The rear of the car was not insulated well. I am much happier now.

PBR
02-27-2004, 10:19 PM
I'm having transmission issues, deceleration in second gear.
It pops out of gear.
Anybody else have this problem?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index