Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

msheri01
03-03-2004, 08:13 PM
Just wanted Bill to know I checked on your car the other day and it was built and going into the quality check process. If you have not already, you should hear from your dealer soon. The order has your name info on it, so that is why it did not show, per our earlier conversation.

GNSCOTT
03-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Is this someone who ordered through you? I was told only the dealer that ordered the car can find out its status, then again I have heard alot of conflicting info.

msheri01
03-03-2004, 09:25 PM
No, due to no firm number on allocation, we did not order his car. Bill provided me his order number, and I checked the order detail on the vehicle. Any dealer can check the info, if they have the order number.

Bill
03-03-2004, 10:54 PM
Thanks Mary, I heard from the dealer that it was shipped last week.

Bill

Reed
03-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Can you check location? I know my car has shipped from the factory, but I dont know when it will be here in California...

Thanks.

Reed

msheri01
03-04-2004, 08:48 AM
Can't track once released to the carrier. In California, I would allow about a week after the ship date. The cars will move by both rail and car carrier. In my state, they are brought straight in on car carrier. We are much closer to the plant.

TEAShea
03-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Can you tell me how long after the car is scheduled to be built that the dealer can find out if it has actually been built? My CTS-V was supposed to be be built this week but the dealer says he will not be able to tell until late in March? I know that when I ordered my BMW 545i, the dealer was able to find out the status in a day or two.

Thanks for any help.

Tom Shea

msheri01
03-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Information is updated the day after the car is built. First day, only the vin shows, after that, rest of information is available.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index