Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

xlr
03-04-2004, 03:52 AM
Cadillac claims 4.6 seconds but no major publication has come even close (below 5 seconds) there is a BIG difference between 4.6 and 5.2 seconds. Im begining to doubt Caddys claim

Also what is wheel hop - everyone complains about it but I dont understand it. Does this only occur when you floor it? what conditions does it happen in and please describe the effect.

Thanks

globed70
03-04-2004, 08:14 AM
There are plenty of technical explanations on the web, but in effect:

When trying to get a good launch or hard shifting between 1st and 2nd the instantaneous application of power to the driveline causes a vertical hop and rebound of the rear suspension/wheels/tires, causing the car the shake in a less than pleasant fashion. Hope that helps.

GNSCOTT
03-04-2004, 11:12 AM
I thought they were experiencing wheel hop as soon as they drop the clutch, and not as much on the 1-2 shift?

TNitro
03-04-2004, 09:33 PM
When I first bought my C5, I experienced horrible wheel hop. I eventually replaced the EMT's that came on it with F1 Supercar tires like those on the Z06 (which are not EMT's) mounted on a set of Z06 wheels. The wheel hop went away entirely. Not even a trace.

This makes me wonder if the construction of the EMT's is causing the wheel hop on the CTS-V.

--------
My CTS-V has been built and is in transit. I should have it in a couple of weeks.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index