Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

alan
03-05-2004, 12:53 PM
I assume everyone else with recent V8 Esprits are getting their certified letters from Lotus right now notifying them that the NHTSA has found the lack of airbag stickers on the driver-side sun visor to present a safety hazard. Lotus is sending us all these stickers so that in case we let someone with an IQ of 50 or below drive our Esprits, they might be able to figure out that the airbag will go off in the event of a collision and they should probably wear their seatbelt or they might get hurt by the airbag going off in their vace.

I am begging you--please don't put the stickers on. This is over-regulation in the U.S. at its worst, and these stickers on cars defacing their interiors drives me nuts.

Just say no!

Ok, end of my rant...thanks for tuning in... :-)

--Alan

pksurveyor
03-05-2004, 04:00 PM
What do you mean over regulated, Alan?? I feel so much safer now in my Esprit with those new stickers protecting me. Lotus send me two certified letters and two stickers.

alan
03-05-2004, 06:32 PM
...the sticker, please do so to your forehead. That way you will be sure to see it every time you look in the rear view mirror, and you will save the next owner of your Esprit from having to scrape it off of the visor. ;-)

--Alan

bruce in canada
03-06-2004, 12:59 AM
You americans have dug your own grave.. now lie in it...
the stickers are not there for the idiots they are there cause you guys sue everyone for anything.. not for safety...
so if you value money.. ( pffft, welll we are all spending lots here ) put them on and suck it up.. that is the world you live in. if you dont have them there then your lucky passenger can hit the jackpot and sue you when you crash....

bruce in canada
03-06-2004, 01:00 AM
I freaking had to buy the damn stickers because I could not import my car in to Canada because one of your ranting fools threw them away.. at least keep them in the car....

bruce in canada
03-06-2004, 01:02 AM
just makes the message more interesting.... sorry no offence intended.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index