Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

argoldst
03-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Just got off the phone with cadillac. The official production start date for 05 is May 17. However, sadly, they have no information on the specs of the 05 V.

RickKap
03-06-2004, 01:15 AM
hop?? That is just a guess.

GNSCOTT
03-06-2004, 11:39 AM
I don't think there is a thing wrong with the driveline. Please elaborate.

RickKap
03-06-2004, 08:06 PM
are saying that the car pops out of 2nd gear sometimes.

GNSCOTT
03-06-2004, 10:06 PM
One guy breaking an axle because he stood on it during wheelhop, I would not call a problem. I still think that is a tire problem.

CTSVOWNER
03-06-2004, 11:38 PM
I agree that these runflat tires are my problem. I have a Z06 Vette with the intercooled magnacharger unit on it. It has pirelli pzeros on it and it will just roast the rear tires no hop at all. I put pzeros on the ctsv today and my hopping went away almost completly.

When i drop 50K on a car i expect it to be able to handle the powerplant it was giving under the hood. I am 100% thrilled with the CTSV and i intend to keep driving the piss out of it. That is why i bought it. It is not my saturday show hopper, it is my factory built racer and i love it.

GNSCOTT
03-07-2004, 09:52 AM
I agree it should be able to handle it, but you are not supposed to keep standing on it when it hops.Obviously it is your car and you can do what you will with it, but you standing on it during wheelhop turned a wheelhop issue into a halfshaft issue when it wasn't the halfshafts fault at all. For the record, if you try to accelerate through severe wheelhop, you can break halfshafts, rear ends, u-joints, etc. Its a severe and violent vibration that could even snap your new halfshaft. I have never had a hint of wheelhop on my 03 Vette with runflats, but someone says these aren't the same.Just be careful out there until we figure out this wheelhop issue.

globed70
03-07-2004, 12:52 PM
please post the new tire specs! thanks!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index