Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

msheri01
03-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Just curious, GNScott and Shaun, have you gotten your cars yet? I haven't heard your reactions if you have, and was just wondering. Of course, if you have, you are probably out driving instead of in front of the computer.

GNSCOTT
03-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Thank you for asking. My car is due to be built next week. it was pushed back a week. (supposed to be already built). I have yet to see one in person yet, and i'm going to try to keep it that way until mine comes in. One came into the dealer I drive by every day and I was real tempted to stop and look. I'm gonna call prolly wed. to make sure it wasn't pushed back again. I have since memorized my order #...GWGZ66. I already ordered my vanity plate " CTSV" and that will go on my vette for a little while. Can't wait!!!

msheri01
03-06-2004, 12:21 PM
I was just wondering. We got the third one in yesterday. I have not checked on your order, since I shredded the info after checking on it.

Shaun
03-08-2004, 02:23 PM
I was told last Friday (the day I was told to expect it) by the general manager that they are expecting it this Friday + or - a couple days. I still can't believe that this is taking so long. They actually told me that my order got pushed back because they changed the name on my order because they said that they had the wrong name on the order originally. Every week they tell me next week. I am going to request a discount on this car because I feel that I have been mistreated. By the way, after reviewing my order, it was ordered with a sun roof, when i specifically requested without, so I will not be paying for that extra. We will see late this week how it all unfolds.

GNSCOTT
03-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Shaun, I told you before, they sold your car to someone else. Cadillac calling you asking how you liked it was the proof. I think its horrible how you have been treated and you should let caddy know about it. Tell them you are thinking of cancelling your order and buy a BMW instead. Have you called Caddy about your order even? They can tell you where your car is ie. not built yet, in transit. Tell Caddy you want the car for GMS and you want it delivered to a different dealership. Caddy should do the right thing and take away an allocation from them.You have to get pissed, and get forceful. Just don't be rude to the person on the other end.

Shaun
03-08-2004, 05:13 PM
I have spoken to caddy, and they gave me the build and ship date. Caddy could give me no record of a previous car ordered for me that has been delivered since this record is only given to the dealer. My order is currently in transit, and I will expect a price reduction. I wish I had proof that this is the second car ordered for me, but I don't. Also, caddy seems to protect the dealer by not giving me any info. They give the info to the dealer, which passes some of it on to me. Since no one gives me answers, and I have no proof, I will just stand on the fact that my car is so late, and that they have admitted to a miscommunication with the order.

I have never had a more stressful car buying experience, nor been more disappointed by caddy service. It has now been 7 months since I put a deposit in with the dealership. By the way, the dealership that has been giving me the run around is Penske Cadillac in Torrance California, previously Ronald Moran Cadillac. Use your own judgment as to weather what they have done is decent since I have no proof. I am always respectful of them, and I hope that they do the right thing with adjusting the price somehow in order to redeem this situation.

Reed
03-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Shaun,
E-mail me ASAP at mrbadss@earthlink.net... we need to talk... I think we can figure out what is going on here..

I have an order in at penske also...

Reed

GNSCOTT
03-08-2004, 05:44 PM
I feel for ya man. I have been watching my progress weekly. My dealer did not put my name on the order so I made Sure Caddy service knew that was the car I had ordered. Does Caddy say your car is in transit? You cannot track it once it leaves the railyard unless it is 5 days late of your delivery date.

Shaun
03-09-2004, 02:07 PM
Yes they told me its in transit. I have been given confirmed info that it is in transit. My only question is, where was the earliest that dealers could order the V? Because my order was placed a couple of months after I gave a deposit.

msheri01
03-09-2004, 05:35 PM
The order spec information was available several months before the system would accept the order for build. The first customer we had placed his name at the top of the list as soon as the first V-series confirmation was announced. This was before color and option information was available. It sounds like they had all your information so that they could enter as soon as order entry was available.

GNSCOTT
03-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Guess I was wrong. Just didn't make sense that they couldn't give you an order # earlier and Still weird how Caddy called you. I think something was still rotten in this deal.

Shaun
03-10-2004, 08:16 PM
I agree, something does seem rotten, but guess what?... My V came in today, and I will be picking it up tomorrow!! I came in contact with another guy whose V arrived today as well, and he ordered his 3 months after me! Well, at least my mind is at ease that the V is actually sitting at the dealer!

Also, thank you to msheri01 for helping me out! I will let you all know how the rest of my dealer and driving experience goes!

GNSCOTT
03-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Congrats Shawn!! write back tomorrow and let us know how big that grin is.

msheri01
03-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Shaun,
I am glad to hear your car arrived. Sorry for the phone intrusion, I got the number off the order. I thought you would like to have a copy due to your concerns. Enjoy the ride!!!

GNSCOTT
03-11-2004, 12:50 PM
msheri01, Is my info on my order?

msheri01
03-11-2004, 08:59 PM
I will look it up tomorrow and let you know. I do not remember, and all order information not kept in deal file or given to customer is shredded for security reasons, so I will have to check the system again.

GNSCOTT
03-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks

msheri01
03-12-2004, 10:54 AM
GNScott-car is built and is in shipping process.

GNSCOTT
03-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Thanks. Now i'm getting really psyched!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index