Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

msheri01
03-11-2004, 09:06 PM
How many of you are on 2005 wait lists? Just curious, since no V-series are being scheduled during this weeks cycle, and it is a little over a month before 2004 schedulintg ends. Cars are being built this week, but there will be no V-series or SRX scheduled during this week' scheduling cycle. I would suspect it has to do with line set-up for the STS production startup. That is an assumption, not a given.

Bob Wienk
03-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Mary:

You know my situation, as you are handling it with Dave. If the 2005 is going to be available at or near the price of the 2004, and the delivery is either before or near to the end of May, I prefer a 2005 to a 2004.

Bob Wienk

msheri01
03-12-2004, 07:19 AM
Bob, we have your situation under control. I was just curious what the situation was for other folks. As limited as the 04's are, I was just wondering how many were waitlisted for 05,

Linn
03-12-2004, 11:37 AM
I ordered my V in December from a dealer in Salt Lake City. Still waiting.

Rich H
03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by scheduling vs production, but my V (which I ordered 2/19) is due for production next week (3/15) and delivery (4/13). This is exactly within the 6 to 8 week time frame from order to delivery that they predicted at the dealership. I had, in fact, recently requested that my order be deferred until the 2005 model year but this was not possible since they had already scheduled 2004 production prior to my request. The dealer still gives me the option to transfer my deposit to a 2005 order - although not at GMS pricing.

Rich H.

msheri01
03-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Scheduling vs. production is the time lag between when a vehicle is put in the production sequencing to make sure the parts and line space are available, and the time it is actually built. This time frame varies by model. There are 2 ways a dealer can order inventory. They can build a pool of vehicles they would like to have so that GM can pull those buildable orders to fill line space, or they can wait until the week they have scheduling allocation. There are times that a dealer may have allocation for cars, but no orders that can be built entered. At that time, the computer will then look through the order bank for buildable cars, if another dealer without allocation has buildable cars, GM can pull their orders to make sure the line still runs, or force generate an order that the dealer then can modify if they choose. It depends on the vehicle which is most likely to happen. Essentially, if one dealer is asleep at the wheel, so to speak, another dealer can eat his lunch(er, inventory).

msheri01
03-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Linn-
Did you get a copy of the vehicle order detail, or did they put you on a list for the cars they have ordered? If they ordered the vehicle for you, I would suggest asking for a new order detail copy as well as a copy of the order event history. If the vehicle is scheduled for prodution, it will have a TPW listed, which is the tentative production week. The event history will list the original order date, the scheduling date, broadcast date, etc.

Rapture
03-12-2004, 11:34 PM
I am following the status of changes to the 05, and "waiting" to order. (pun intended)
PDB

msheri01
03-13-2004, 08:59 AM
I understand. Depending on where you live, and who you dealer is, you might want to inquire as to the number of folks they have on a list. These cars are limited production(similar to the XLR) so, if you are seriously considering purchasing one, you might want to find out the wait time. While the 05 order info is loaded into the vehicle order management system, the orders are not currently being accepted. I suspect that some dealers will be rolling unfulfilled 04 orders into 05 orders. From the order information, the only change is additional color. And generally if there would be engineering updates to the vehicle, most likely would be applied to 04 model as a technical service bulliten.

Linn
03-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the information.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index