Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

alan
03-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Yahoo's archives have always bothered me, so I started work on an independent archive of the turboesprit list. It is necessary in part because Yahoo, unbeknownst to most people, will not keep messages in its archive forever. After a certain number of messages accumulate, the oldest ones will start being deleted. This has happened on another list I am on, and the ones that have been deleted are gone forever.

The archive I am creating will exist forever from this point forward.

Yahoo's archive searches also only let you search a group of a few hundred posts at a time. The archive I am building will let you search the entire archive at any time and order results by importance or by ascending or descending date.

Anyway, check out <a href="http://lotus.roadfly.org/turboesprit/">the turboesprit list archive</a> I've been working on and let me know what you think. It is still a work in progress, so any feedback would be appreciated!

--Alan

alan
03-11-2004, 11:00 PM
...a few days worth of info in it. I don't have any old messages. If anyone has saved previous months of turboesprit list postings, complete with full headers, I can load those into it and they'll be accessible through the search engine too--get in touch with me.

--Alan

J///M3
03-12-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm headed to the atl auto show tomorrow and hopefully to the LOTUS dealer in ATL as well. I'm going to check out the Esprit in person. Stil haven't bought one, but within the next 6 months I plan to purchase an "exotic".

L8tr
Jeremy in Asheville

NJGSX96
03-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Alan, I have every email from the list from last May to present. I can send them to you in PST format or any other format you choose. Let me know how to get in touch with you and get these to you.

Excellent resource to have. Thanks for putting in your time for us!

NJGSX96
03-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Alan, I have every email from the list from last May to present. I can send them to you in PST format or any other format you choose. Let me know how to get in touch with you and get these to you.

Excellent resource to have. Thanks for putting in your time for us!

alan
03-18-2004, 06:55 PM
I don't know what PST format is, but we'll figure something out.

Email me at alan@roadfly.org. I pretty much need each message, with full headers, as a separate plain text file. However, if they are all in one big file I can write code to split them out. I can pretty much work with whatever you have as long as it isn't some sort of binary proprietary encoded file!

--Alan

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index