Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bill
03-12-2004, 09:19 AM
My V arrive yesterday and Iím pleased to be able to report that there are no blemishes in the paint, no dead pixels on the center console, no oxidation on the transmission or anywhere on the undercarriage, and, to be best of my ability to detect it, no problem with the drive train. I made a list of all the serious and recurring problems that have been reported on this forum and I sent the list to my dealer several days before I picked up the car. By the time got there, the dealer had thoroughly inspected the car and was ready for me to perform a final inspection and test drive. My thanks for those of you who have posted detailed descriptions of problems. My car is serial number 650.

Like others have posted before me, Iím very surprised at how easy the car is to drive. I found the V to be infinitely forgiving with clutch/throttle action. Iím delighted at how nicely the electronics are integrated with the center console display. I plan to spend time the weekend trying to master the voice recognition system.

Nupeskee
03-12-2004, 10:58 AM

GNSCOTT
03-12-2004, 12:10 PM
Congrats!!

Ok, now for the voice recognition thing. I've been told at least 3 times that there is no voice recognition on the V. Can you please explain it when you figure it out. Thanks

TEAShea
03-12-2004, 12:19 PM
... you were very oganized in your approach. We will be interested to hear your reactions to the car after you have driven it a couple of days. I still have two weeks until mine is scheduled for delivery.

Tom Shea

Bill
03-12-2004, 04:03 PM
I'll try. I suspect it's the same system I had in my 99 Aurora which also had OnStar. I'll post something Monday if I can figure it out. If others have already figured in out, maybe they could speak up.

UberCubs
03-12-2004, 04:37 PM
My dealer says its not there.
Also, one of his other customers reported no headlamp washers.

Two easy things to fix for '05 if you ask me.

Ben
03-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Now that.... (the headlamp washers) I CAN CONFIRM MY V DOES HAVE.
-Ben

Damian
03-12-2004, 07:20 PM
How did you determine that your Serial Number was 650? Thanks.

msheri01
03-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Bill
Again, I am happy to know you got one. So, how many folks want to go to lunch with you, so they can "volunteer" to drive? As we discussed, the predelivery inspection is very important on these vehicles, and it sounds like your dealer did a good job. Enjoy!

DCF
03-13-2004, 08:59 AM
Where did you find the serial number 650? Is it part of the last six digits of the VIN (ex 167650)? I have been watching the V produced and I have seen VINs from 150000 thru 169000 but they appear to be in the regular CTS production. Also, I have one on order for delivery next month. Would you consider emailing me a copy of your pre-delivery inspection list for the dealer?

Thanks
Don

msheri01
03-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Don,
I am not trying to answer for Bill, but would like to make a suggestion for you.

Call the sales consultant and tell him you would like to watch the predelivery inspection. Ask him to introduce you to the service manager before your car arrives. They should understand because most of these folks are as impressed with these cars as their new owners are. The factory has an inspection checklist that comes with every car, and is kept in the vehicles' service history file.

Make a list of any concerns you may have about the vehicle, and talk to the mechanic performing the inspection. I know our tech inspects every one for the concerns we have gleaned from discussion forums(except the 3000 rpm clutch drop). They are not going to do a high rpm clutch drop on a car that is not theirs, but careful inspection of the suspension, exhaust, and engine area, as well as the interior is done on every one. They are careful enough to have caught one loose exhaust bolt on one V, and one cracked washer behind a lower control arm mounting bolt on an XLR. If you already have a preferred technician at the dealer, ask that he do the inspection, if not, you may want to request that their XLR tech perform the inspection. Just a suggestion.

Damian
03-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the reply...

Considering that my V was built in February and delivered to the dealer in Mid Feb with a VIN of ...157901, thats alot of CTS's in one month. At that rate of just short of 10,000 a month thats roughly 120,000 vehicles for a calendar year. Of coarse thats considering that they build 10,000 each month. However if that is the case and with that said, with 3500 V's estimated to be built, they will account for only 2.9% of all CTS. Does GM build that many CTS's?

Damian

DCF
03-13-2004, 01:22 PM
Damian

Based on the serial numbers and the date delivered to the dealer of a couple of cars I have watched, a rough estimate of monthly CTS production appears to be around 10,000, but that is just a guess. I also read somewhere that estimated CTS-V production was going to be 3,000 units.

DCF
03-13-2004, 01:25 PM
masheri01

Thanks very much for the reply and the information. I think that is a great idea and I will do it. The sales consultant has already asked for a ride in it after I take delivery.

Bill
03-13-2004, 05:52 PM
Don, My dealer found the paperwork with the serial number on it. Not sure about a connection to the VIN. I'll be glad to email the list I used, please provide return address.

Bill
03-13-2004, 05:56 PM
Indeed they did do a good job with the pre-delivery inspection. For two months I forwarded postings from this forum to my dealer so he knew what I was worried about. That process seems to have paid off. Thanks for the interest and for the help earlier.

Bill
03-13-2004, 05:57 PM
The dealer told me the serial number based on paperwork he had received. Hope that helps.

GNSCOTT
03-14-2004, 05:52 PM
anyone?

DCF
03-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Thanks Bill. My email address is dfrick@keyinstruments.com

RickKap
03-14-2004, 11:08 PM

msheri01
03-17-2004, 11:38 PM
The headlamp washers activate with the wiper washers. If you look closely at the nose of the car, there are two small squares to the inside of the headlamps. These are fluid pressure activated, and open when the washers are used. The channel you see molded into the headlamps is designed to drain the washer fluid away. The remain closed when not in use. Hope the info helps.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index