Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Shaun
03-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Well, the good news is that I now own a CTS-V. The bad news is that I had to pay full sticker for the car including the sunroof that I did not order. They would not discount, and even the original form that I filled out even showed that I did not want a sunroof. The dealer told me, "well it shows sunroof on the order detail", and I explained to them that this could have been fixed had they given me an order detail when they ordered it rather than 2 weeks ago. They didn't care, and told me that they could order me another one. I said forget it and I bought this one. So at the end while trying to salvage some dignity and my opinion of the dealer, I tried to be compensated somehow for all my troubles. I asked for a free car cover since I will not be keeping it in a garage. But of course, no go there. So my story ends with no special treatment from Cadillac at all except from msheri01. Itís too bad that the Penske Cadillac has ruined its reputation with me with just one car cover. By the way, I got a free car cover when I bought a Lexus. Well, on to the V...

The only problem that I have had with the V so far is the aluminum trim piece on the door handle broke and fell off. The rest of the V has been amazing, and I really want to see what its true potential is, but I have to wait till itís broken in. I have set my settings in the car including the radio, seat, and mirror, but I have not yet messed with the navigation (havenít had the time). My wife turned the nav on once by accident, and the annoying voice kept telling me where to turn to get back to the dealer. After 5 minutes, my wife turned it off.

Well, I will update you as more miles and days pass.

clintonm9
03-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Cadillac is very into customer services. You will get a survey in the mail that will ask how satisfied you are. There is like 5 options bad, ok, good, great, and excellent. If you don't mark excellent on all of them the dealer gets crap. If you mark bad, I bet Cadillac will contact you. This is how they control the dealers. I think it is a great method with some many different dealers.

GNSCOTT
03-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Shaun, make sure when you fill out your customer service card you break out a couple extra sheets of paper and tell them your entire story. It would be interesting to know if any of the other 2 cars they sold before yours had sunroof delete. Obviously complaining to the dealer there gets you nothing, but don't let GM be in the dark about a very bad cutomer service experience. Glad your enjoying your car.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index