Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JBVowner2b
03-16-2004, 06:28 PM
Well, at least my CTS V was scheduled to begin build on March 15th (yesterday). I don't know how often they actually start on the date they think they will. Anyway, I am expecting to take delivery around April 5th.

If you don't remember, I ordered the Black Raven with Neutral interior, with a sunroof or moonroof (what's the difference anyway?).

Keep the info coming!

JB-V-owner-2-b

TEAShea
03-16-2004, 08:35 PM
Mu car was built the first week of March and delivery is scheduled for March 24.

Tom Shea

GNSCOTT
03-16-2004, 08:58 PM
My car was built the 2nd week of March and is due the 22nd. (Connecticut)

kelly
03-17-2004, 11:10 AM
mine is on a railway to be put on a truck from columbia,sc and delivered to charleston,sc next week (Black on Black w/sunroof).

I'm glad I'm getting it - the dealer sent me a letter he got from GM - they are only allocated 1 2004 CTSV - mine.

Can't wait.

Doug
03-17-2004, 01:27 PM
I think in the old days (the 70's or 80's?)a sunroof was an opaque panel that could be slid back or removed, and a moonroof was transparent so that you see through it but not necessarily removable.

These days most are transparent AND removable, and sunroof seems to have become the dominant term.

Any auto historians or etymologists should feel free to clarify....

Doug

TEAShea
03-17-2004, 07:46 PM
My dealer was also only allocted one V - mine.

Tom

bds
03-17-2004, 11:08 PM
My dealership at first told me they were alloted two. I ordered mine on Jan 8th and came in erly on the 13th of February. Have already drive 2633 miles and love it. Just tonight my salesperson and I talked and the second car they ordered is still waiting for a delivery date and it was ordered on January 14th and they might not get the second car for some reason.

msheri01
03-17-2004, 11:19 PM
It sounds like the second vehicle allocation may be an 05. Sometimes the yearly allocation means model year, and sometimes it means calendar year, and it may vary by model. The 2004 will be the most limited production year, from the information we are getting. It may also have to do with plant setup changes, since the 2005 STS will start production late in the second quarter of this year, at that plant.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index