Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

andm99
03-17-2004, 12:43 PM
OK, so BMW is marketing the 1 Series in the US AND Europe. Thats fine except why bother with the US? If BMW truly is going to not bring in the 1 Series in hatchback form to the US during its first production year, why bother marketing here? Seems like a waste of money to martket a model to the US that it will never see.

xyzzy
03-17-2004, 01:25 PM
I don't recall seeing any. We know the waitfortheone.com site is registered but has not been used (yet?).

We know the UK gets the one on the 18th September + there is some kind of release in Germany on 24th March.

andm99
03-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Well, nothing US specific, but it strikes me as odd that we get hype as well as Europe for something we won't see.

MajorRugburn
03-19-2004, 03:24 PM
shipping costs are becoming a biatch :)) what i don't understand is who in their right mind will buy this yugoesqe bimmer?!

andm99
03-19-2004, 03:27 PM
I definitely look at the M version of this baby BMW. Also, if it came with a fairly well powered I6, even a current engine, with a lower weight than the E46, the 1er could be alot of fun to have. However, only with an I6 would I really want one.

Ed
03-21-2004, 02:33 PM

bubba451
03-21-2004, 06:08 PM
I don't understand: hatchbacks and wagons are experiencing a bit of a resurgence lately.
I love my E46 but it's just so dang heavy. If these things perform like they're supposed to, I'd buy one quickly. An M1 hatchback would be sweet.

gtvr6
03-22-2004, 09:46 AM
I'm actually looking forward to the 2 Series / M2. By the time it's out and bugs are settled, I should be in the market to replace my 330Ci. Although I'd love a new 4 Series (435Ci???) I don't think I'm willing to shell-out what BMW NA is going to ask for the new 4 Series.

The M2 should be around the size of an E30 3 Series and if it looks like the pictures I've seen for the price, I'll take it. Best of all, being the entry level car, it should be a pure car avoiding gizmo's like the I-drive.

I hope BMWNA is listening...I know the 1/2 Series is meant to introduce younger buyers into the luxury market, but for me it would be more of a second car while the wife will have the more traditional family sedan.

my views for what ever they count.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index