Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

clinton mills
03-18-2004, 12:25 AM
How is it that these little 240 hp to 285 hp cars can run 14-13.7 and our CTS-V 400 hp 5.7 liter is getting about the same? I was wondering if there is anyway to recalibrate the horse power to increase ľ mile times? Eliminating the wheel hop will probably be the best increase of all, but canít you use some kind of chip or device to change rpm and shift points? I really have no idea what I am talking about, it just seems there is enough horse power there to get more bang out of it? I think I am asking these questions to quick. Not enough people have a CTS-V yet to begin testing. I might just have to wait, but soon enough there will be a solution to this wheel hop and probably some cheap modís to help performance! I think GMPD is on the right track with making a car that is 13.1. That is 100% awesome! 13.1 just needs to be easily reached, or close to it. I think we can see some 12.9 on here for a pretty soon for a reality cheap price! That will blow most any street cars away!!

RickKap
03-18-2004, 01:00 AM
Small cars like the Dodge SRT-4, the WRX, and the EVO are fast but lack the V's amenities and room. They are great cars though.

Better tires would help performance along with other upgrades.

Don't forget that TONS of tuners, mechanics, diys, and others can modify the Chevy 350 to make gobs of power.

The CTS-V went through the 1/4 mile in 13.48 seconds @ 105.33 mph (Motor Trend April, 2004).

The CTS-V is America's M5 thirty percent off.

The "V" in CTS-V is italicized and is meant to convey speed.

03-18-2004, 07:37 AM
The V is almost 2 tons; those little pocket rockets are often 25% lighter. Who is the Physics major who can explain F=ma and all those other inertial and acceleration calculations?

(In other words the V is complying quite nicely with the laws of Physics...)

GNSCOTT
03-19-2004, 01:44 PM
its all HP and weight until you start getting in the 110+ mph range when aerodynamics start to play an important part.

none
04-10-2004, 12:30 AM
how fast is 806 horse power?

none
04-10-2004, 12:31 AM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index