Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

KJTROT
03-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Maybe someone out there can help with the information required to locate a new "V" once it supposedly leaves Michigan. The vehicle order No. is GSZZBG and the VIN is 1G6DN57S540164845. I bought my "V" last Saturday 3/13/04 from my dealers alotment. I was told that the car was already in transit but am having difficulty finding out when it might actually arrive at the dealer or where in the US it is. I find it hard to believe that if you are able to track a toothbrush from Maine to California with just a barcode from UPS, that Cacillac is not able to locate a 2 ton automobile. Sorry just a little frustated and getting anxious.I just thought that GM would have a web site similar to the UPS site where you can track your vehicle.

Ben
03-18-2004, 06:54 PM
Nope. (That I'm aware of) - I was informed when my vechile was "in transit" (left the factory), and then had to wait 3 weeks (to CA) before I got the call that it had arrived. We pretty much had the day right. But no contact regarding transit was made.
-Ben

AndyO
03-18-2004, 07:13 PM
They clear all the cars coming in from GM to southern California GM dealers
949-951-5052
Good Luck

KJTROT
03-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the information but I am on the east coast. I would be interested to know if there is a similar systemfor cars coming here.

AndyO
03-18-2004, 07:23 PM

KJTROT
03-18-2004, 09:43 PM
The car is supposed to be in transit but who knows where. They should be able to know that the car has been sold and try to speed up the delivery for their customer service. I would think they know that all of the "V's" are sold and put a priorty on a timely arrival at the dealer.

Nupeskee
03-18-2004, 09:56 PM
caddy dealer. She regulary posts on this board. Send her an email with your information and she will give you the low down on where you car is.

KJTROT
03-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Any information that she can provide would be very much appreciated. I have seen other posts from her and I believe that Cadillac owes her a great deal when it comes to customer service.

msheri01
03-18-2004, 10:05 PM
The selling dealer can call the DBC and request that the car be flagged as a "hot" car. They can trace it through the carrier, and ask that it be made a priority ship. If you are not the sellng dealer, the order can't be traced beyond the released to carrier event code. The cars that are being rail shipped and then transferred to a carrier do take longer due to yard staging, etc. We do not have that issue since we are only about 3 hours from the plant. Your dealer can call and ask for this information, and the DBC will help. I would definitely recommend this request if the vehicle was ordered as a stock order reserved for you, rather than a retail sold order. Only the sold order cars are highest priority, unless a call is made. Just a suggestion. That is what I do when we have a customer reserve an incoming vehicle, no matter what model it is. Good luck!!

Wienk
03-19-2004, 12:31 AM
Mary Sherick is the reason why I cancelled my order for a CTS-V at a local dealer and decided to drive to Dayton to pick up my car. I hope GM or Cadillac is reading this Board, because she and the salesman, David Grove, are certainly deserving of an award for quality customer care and salesmanship so far, and I expect they will complete the experience with my satisfaction in mind. And, not to be underestimated, they know the product they sell. Wow, what a concept! If only other Cadillac dealers could develop this skill in their "sales" force, they would perhaps get on a winning streak.

Having been a BMW buyer for awhile, and still a lover of my "M" roadster, I was tempted from the BMW fold by the initial reports on the CTS-V, but my initial experience with my local dealer salesman almost turned me off, till I connected with this Board and found Mary and David. They are the first people I have come in contact with at Cadillac that might actually be able to win buyers from BMW, because they care about what they sell and they care about who they sell them to.

KJTROT
03-19-2004, 06:22 AM
Thanks so much for the information. I will place a call into my dealer per yoour suggestion this morning. Cacillac needs to have more individuals like you. Thanks again!

KJTROT
03-19-2004, 06:29 AM
With more employees like Mary, the Dayton Caddy dealer could easily become the No.1 dealer in the country. As you stated, I hope some of the folks in Cadillac's upper management are following this message board. The Dayton store with Mary need to get more of the "V"'s.

Linn
03-22-2004, 01:26 PM
When Mary Scerick read that my order for the V was not going to be completed (order over the dealers allocation) she e-mailed me with an offer to help , this was much appreciated!

Good news is on the 18th I become aware of a V car available in Sacramento. The Hubacher Cadillac dealer sold the car to me, I wired the money, flew to pick it up the next day and I now have the car here in Utah. The car is better than expected, and I expected a lot. Thanks to the Hubacher dealership.

Bud
03-22-2004, 07:38 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index