Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

timberline
03-29-2004, 06:45 PM
I picked up my black-on-black, sunroof-equipped V on Friday 3/26. It arrived at my dealer in Toronto Canada on Wednesday, March 24 I had it on order since November, when dealers could first book them.
Fantastic car, coming from an ex-Jag owner.For the record, I purposely bought American and am glad I did (for a change).
My VIN ends in 170075 and I have reason to believe this may be the first one in Ontario, maybe Canada. Anyone know better?

phantomgib
03-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Timberline,

What kind of Jag did you have? I would like to hear what you think about the difference between the CTS-V and your former car. Thanks!!

timberline
03-30-2004, 02:53 PM
It was an S-Type 4.0 V8 - the best available at the time. Highlights: Wood, leather and the most attractive front half of any car on the road under $150k.It was, by sporting standards, a bit bulky to throw around but a lovely cruiser. I've driven two supercharged S-Type R's, one of them just two days before I picked up my V and, outside of the seductive whine of the supercharger when you plug it (it's addictive), my blood didn't boil. It's all about elegant understatement. Very smooth but still a quirky Brit.
The V, on the other hand, is a rush from first ignition. It's got glands and, for those so inclined, you just can't get enough. No one mistakes it for a basic CTS even if they know nothing about cars. I'm just glad it doesn't have hood scoops and 3-foot wings on the back or I'd lose my only chance to justify it as basic family four door transportation and have to pass. Weirdest of all: It's a Cadillac!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index