Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

JBVowner2b
04-04-2004, 02:38 AM
I guess I need to change my screen name!

The car arrived on Thursday at the dealer. They did the PDI on Friday and I picked it up this morning.

I love it! I have been driving a Mustang Cobra for 7 years and my desire was to get a performance vehicle but with the latest technologies. A luxury sedan with some giddy up.

I looked at BMW, Mercedes, Infiniti, Acura, Lincoln, Lexus and Cadillac - chose the CTS V. To me, it was the best blend of comfort, appearance, performance, and price. I got the Black Raven with the Neutral interior, which is apparently one of the least ordered.

I paid sticker plus Cadillac will be chroming my wheels for a small price. This would be more convenient for me rather than look for and buy aftermarket wheels.

Well, I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you when it comes to pistons, rotors, and calipers, but I know what I like when I drive a car.

My first impressions are that the car is really quick. No surprises there, but even though I didn't push it too hard, only going into 4th a few times and hit 6000 rpms when giving some family a ride, I could tell it had much more power ready and waiting. The ride was not overly soft but comfortable and I could tell it handled the bumps in the road much more smoothly than my Cobra.

I didn't encounter any of the issues that have been mentioned on this board, but I was too busy enjoying the car than looking for issues. The only item we found was a small chip on the front passenger door that they will be repairing when I bring the car back for the chrome wheels. It's hardly noticeable but you can see that the steel is showing from underneath.

The sound system is amazing and to my surprise, I am really glad I have the XM radio. The navigation system is great, but I will need more time to master it. I love the interior - it fits me, and the neutral leather, which looks like a creamy beige, is a great contrast to the Black exterior. I have already given 11 different people rides and they all say they love the ride. They are surprised at the power under the hood. They also say it is very comfortable and roomy.

I didn't realize that the rear seats fold down for a trunk pass thru. That is nice.

Well, not sure what else to say, but I am glad that I decided on this car. I feel like I got a great value, especially since my other choice was tending to be a fully loaded M3, for which I would have paid $15,000 more (based on the build my M3 on the BMW web site).

I just need to figure out a way to custom install my iPod and I will be set.

JB-V-Owner

msheri01
04-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Congratulations and enjoy!!!

BDS
04-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Congrads! You have made the best choice. Have had six (6) BMW's and think that this "V" is a much better value. I am now at 3,400 miles and eight (8) weeks old. Every time I gat into this monster it gets more intense. Just a super car. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

darrelld
04-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Congratulations, you made the right choice.

JBVowner2b
04-04-2004, 02:48 PM
I appreciate the congrats! I think all of us who decided on this car will be very happy for years to come.

For me, this is my first car with Navigation, XM, driver memory settings, etc. I feel I have been welcomed to the 21st century.

I also got back into my Cobra this morning to go get breakfast, and a bit surprising to me, I really enjoyed the drive. It felt like the first time I drove it, I don't know why since I've only had the CTS-V for a day. It may just be the contrasting feel of the clutch and the more demand on the driver, since the Cobra doesn't have Stabilitrak and Traction Control like the V.

I plan to paint the Cobra which will make me feel like I got 2 new cars for less than the price of a fully-loaded M3. Not bad, makes me feel smart! LOL!

To all of you current V owners and all prospective V owners, congrats, good luck, and thanks for all the input on this board. It really helped me tremendously through the deciding and buying process.

I'll be back, and hopefully can add to the discussions to help future owners.

JB-V-Owner

RickKap
04-04-2004, 08:18 PM
Will you post pictures of your CTS-V?

What BMWs did you drive and what did you think of them?

Congrats!

Bill
04-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Congrats JB-V-Owner, I felt the same way when my V arrived.

AudiGuy
04-09-2004, 04:54 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index