Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

tlennen
04-04-2004, 05:56 PM
Sold my M5 today. Sort of sad.. I have ordered a new CTS with the bigger 6 and all the bells and whistles for my company car. If I pay the difference I can get a V. After having an M5, I am sort of ruined. Those of you who have owned an M can relate I am sure. I have two questions for the group. Did any of you drive the 2004 CTS with the bigger six and compare it to a V? I understand the power difference, but with the BMW E39 in some ways I actually liked my 530 better. My sense is the CTS platform is not as comparable to the 5 series as the V is. What do you all think? If I do stay with the 6 I am going to get some new 18 inch wheels and performance tires, so my thinking is for about $9K difference why not get a V? Second question. Does the V have a Blue Tooth cell phone option? I am on my phone quite a bit, and driving a stick with a cell phone can be a pain at times.

Thanks for your help.

diver110
04-04-2004, 06:16 PM
I have not yet purchased the V, but it has been between that and a 2001 M5 and I have to say I lean to the V. Net, the drive experience is about the same and in my case with the V I get some more up to date technology and a warranty. After driving am M5 it is hard for me to imagine you would not be happiest with a V, but I have not driven the 6 cylinder version. Good luck.

GNSCOTT
04-04-2004, 07:26 PM
Get the V or you will be regretting it for the next 3 years. I'm sure the regular CTS is a good car, but its not just the motor that makes the V. Figure what it would cost to switch to monster Brembos all around, and your gonna spend $2k for aftermarket wheels and tires anyways, not to mention the tuned suspension, THEN you can figure in the LS6 and that 9 grand is peanuts.

Don't know about the bluetooth thing, but your car has its own phone number through onstar that is voice activated and is a satellite phone. It is expensive, but not if your company is paying for it. I bought 100 minutes for $20 just in case of an emergency. Hope this helps.

darrelld
04-04-2004, 07:40 PM
I own an 04 1SC 3.6L CTS and am very happy with the overall experience. Whether to choose the V or the 3.6L CTS is a matter of preference and your priorities. I personally plan to trade up my 3.6L for an 06 model CTSV when they become available. When I made my original purchase in 6/03 the V was almost a year from production so for me it wasn't an issue. I have driven the V and it is a much different animal than my 04 1SC.

Neither the V nor the 1SC CTS have bluetooth. The only wireless interface is infrared to an integrated address book in the nav system. The ability to use personal calling with OnStar is not available in the Dallas area so I use my cell in the ususal way. A number of manufacturers have aftermarket Bluetooth interfaces to allow wireless cell to hands free interaction.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index