Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

clinton mills
04-06-2004, 10:26 PM
I took the CTS-V to the track tonight. Had a great time! Ran a 13.502 at 104 MPH. Whatís the deal with Motor trend running a 13.55? Aren't they professional drivers? I am 21, come on MT! Only got a few runs but was very happy with the 13.50. I looked at a lot of times on the fourms and only saw a 13.9, are people doing better then that and not posting? My Dad's vette convertible best time was a 13.488. Pretty close. .014 different! I still think I could do a little better. This is one awesome ride!!

First problem I encounter as a new track guy was kind of embarrassing. I jump in the car at 5:45 to make it to the track before 6:00. And the Low fuel light came on. Now maybe I am wrong but I think the CTS-V Low level come on soon. Or maybe the 107 MPH ľ mile use a little more gas J I ran twice and the car died running it down the track. Still got a 14.2 at 97 MPH, All other MPH in the 100. Had to find some gas and leave and fill out. After it was all over I started heading home and my dash light up. 300 F on the oil temp. I had to site for 20 minutes before I could go home. My brotherís z06 shows 220 F. Big different.

I have posted pictures of my car number and the slip. I will have a video sometime soon.

http://www.z06fest.com/ctsvtrack.htm

GNSCOTT
04-07-2004, 10:08 AM
GREAT JOB! That is exactly what I expected from an average capable driver (no offense). A 13.5 with a 2.2 60ft is exactly in line with Caddy's numbers. A 1.9 or 1.8 60ft would bring you right down to the 13.1 and I am positive that number can be attained and I am also positive that with slicks, high 12's will be no problem.

clintonm9
04-07-2004, 11:56 AM
I would like you to go run your before you put in the air bags. Let me know what you get beofore adding and after. I have looked at a lot of times and best I have seen is a 13.9 on the forums.

clintonm9
04-07-2004, 12:02 PM
One more question, is motor trend an average capable driver or better?

GNSCOTT
04-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Clinton, It will be easy enough to test. I will just deflate the air bags for a couple of runs for a comparison. Deflated they do absolutely nothing.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index