Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

nikjoans
04-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Was curious if anyone has found custom wheels for the CTS-V yet or if anyone just had the stock one's chromed? I would love to see a picture of either if any has.

msheri01
04-08-2004, 07:05 PM
MC2 wheels have several styles that fit. I put a link somewhere else in here. MC2ning.com is their site. The cars we sold were all stock, no wheel changes made, so no photos of ones on the cars, but we have used them for some SRX wheels, and they look good. If I remember it is the f2,f3,f4 wheels that they have for V-series application.

JBVowner2b
04-09-2004, 02:57 AM
I am having mine chromed through the dealer. It will be a couple of weeks before I get them. When I do get them, I will try to post photos.

For me, I preferred the convenience and price over paying full price for brand new wheels.

JB-V-Owner

NIK
04-09-2004, 08:15 AM
What do you mean "it will be a few weeks before I get them?" What happens to the car during that time? I'm interested in ordering a 2005 CTS-V and asked my dealer about having the wheels chromed and they said they would get back to me with a reply.

JBVowner2b
04-10-2004, 03:47 AM
Here is what I mean by "it will be a few weeks before I get them."

First, I still have the car and am driving it daily. Here is what the dealer told me they will be doing. They will be ordering some after market chromed wheels and when they arrive, they will put these on another CTS-V they have in their inventory. They will then send the current wheels on that CTS-V to be chromed. When the chromed wheels come back, they will call me to bring in my car and exchange my wheels for the newly chromed wheels.

This sounded acceptable to me. While I would have rather had my current wheels chromed, I realize this way I can keep the V while they mess around with ordering and receiving chromed wheels.

I figure by doing it this way, I will get new chromed wheels that have not been driven by anyone yet. I don't know if all dealers handle it this way, but I get the feeling not many people have chromed them like I am doing. So there may not be a set procedure yet.

Good luck with your '05 V buying process. You will definitely enjoy the vehicle.

JB-V-Owner

DgtalPimp
04-20-2004, 02:16 PM
Lund has custom wheels for the V. I have the 3 piece blacks on order.

Nupeskee
04-20-2004, 07:29 PM
if you want to go custom, Fiske, HRE, iForged, Kinesis.

Vedder
04-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Anything from BBS or any light racing type wheels so I can account for the extra weight added by going 19".

Nupeskee
04-20-2004, 10:33 PM

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index